Author Topic: profitable strategy  (Read 13233 times)

Tags:
  • All members
profitable strategy
« on: 11 May 2019, 08:51 »
I've been trying marketfeeder for a few months and haven't found a profitable strategy yet. do you have any advice?

• All members
Re: profitable strategy
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2019, 11:48 »
If we could all find a profitable strategy in a couple of months we would all be living on yaghts in the Mediterranean:)

It ain't easy is all I can say. You need a plan and then tons of testing.
Record your results daily on a spreadsheet so you can see if any tweaks can be made to improve it.
I wont go live with a system until I can see a clear profit over at least 1000 results. 

You need to find your own edge, no one will let you know there's 
Good luck 

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2019, 12:14 »
clear, but my question was to figure out which way to go.  lay draw, lay fav etc ...

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2019, 14:02 »
Nobody will tell you. Do you see how liquidty looks like these days? Absolutely shite If we talk football or other minor sports. Let's say you found a niche, make some money, would you tell anyone? No, you would keep betting and praying no one finds out. 

I had profitable stategies before but edges are found and disappear quicker than you may think. No one is willing to share such things. Basic stuff you mentioned (lay draw) could work ages ago but for sure not now. 

All "working" systems posted here and there are useless, basically tested over just a little sample, cause even betting evens it's possible to get on winning streak of 1-2k bets even if you don't bet +EV.

If you would find an edge on BF you would know how much time it takes. I can estimate for you. I found some edges on BF. In average it took me between 6 months to 12 months of 10-15 hrs a day work to find one. Spending such amount of time, would you share the slighest info? Don't think so.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2019, 14:17 »
You asked for advice. There is one. Spend more time. If you haven't find anything it means that you don't try enough hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vuetQSwFW8

You may stop at 2:40.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2019, 14:45 »
Thanks for your patience

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 11 May 2019, 17:45 »
A little advice: discard all available systems. So save yourself a lot of time "backing favs/laying draws". Look outside the box. At least try. Are you familiar with +EV bets? If not - a lot to learn. You have to start from this point. If you are, you are half way through.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 11 May 2019, 18:37 »
THX 
yes, I use it for the classic bet by calculating the% of win with poisson (I developed an automatic program).  but on Betfair do you suggest calculating the% considering the odd pre match?

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 12 May 2019, 09:30 »
I get MFeeder to write the SP (starting price) and the price that I am matched at, to a text file.
I then copy the results to a spreadsheet so I can see how much value I am getting in my bets.
You need to be consistently laying under the SP or backing higher than the SP to make profit over time.

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 12 May 2019, 10:19 »
but why export to file, can't you calculate everything with MFP using trigger_expression?
% home = 1 / football1_s_1_last_last_traded
% away = 1 / football1_s_2_last_last_traded
% draw = 1 / football1_s_3_last_last_traded

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 12 May 2019, 10:22 »
ore the simple trigger

(example for index 1 "home")
lay_price = football1_last_last_trade - 10 Tick

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 12 May 2019, 12:15 »
Nobody will tell you. Do you see how liquidty looks like these days? Absolutely shite If we talk football or other minor sports. Let's say you found a niche, make some money, would you tell anyone? No, you would keep betting and praying no one finds out.

I had profitable stategies before but edges are found and disappear quicker than you may think. No one is willing to share such things. Basic stuff you mentioned (lay draw) could work ages ago but for sure not now.

All "working" systems posted here and there are useless, basically tested over just a little sample, cause even betting evens it's possible to get on winning streak of 1-2k bets even if you don't bet +EV.

If you would find an edge on BF you would know how much time it takes. I can estimate for you. I found some edges on BF. In average it took me between 6 months to 12 months of 10-15 hrs a day work to find one. Spending such amount of time, would you share the slighest info? Don't think so.

This is one of the best answers I've seen on here.

To chuck in my own view, you really do have to treat your trading/strategies as a full-time project. If you take on that kind of mindset, then you give yourself a chance. I would put being successful on Betfair equal to anyone who has ever wanted to break into the premier league as a football player. You are literally the 0.0001% of the country.

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 12 May 2019, 13:04 »
certainly and this is my goal, but I can't find a way to deepen the study. there are only old strategies around, I have been trading for years but only live and I was thinking of starting to spend more time on MPF as automation.

I tried every kind of rule that is found online for automation, trying also to deepen the study with the log of the odds, but it is evident that they are a very used strategy and therefore where the profit has been thinned. the spirit of this discussion was not "I want a strategy to win", but more than anything else to find a way to start traveling and therefore to go deeper.

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 12 May 2019, 17:47 »
Wrong attitude. Why automation? What do you want to automate? First you have to got an idea what do you want to automate. Automated betting is being used to try strategy of which you think that may contain +EV but it's extreme difficult to do enough number of bets betting manually. Are there any niches or system you think are +EV?

Allright, Im gonna give you some tips. First one - stop asking, keep digging. Seriously you won't get anywhere if you just ask. Searching only will make you experienced and this way only you will learn from your own mistakes. Don't waste time asking. Instead of that keep googling. People who earn on BF had to adapt to circumstances which are changing over and over again. They are creative, they don't ask, they keep digging. And if you ask me there are tips over the internet how to find +EV bets if we talk BF. But you won't find them after few hours of searching. I found some after months. This is what most people don't like: they don't want to sweat. I was like you years ago. I kept asking but got same answers: "You want and edge? Find one". Sooner you realize this is best advice you can get, better for you. This may sounds ridiculous for you, you may think that Im greedy and I just don't want to share but one day you may realize that won't be better advice. I extreme grateful that I've been told that years ago.

This is simple. If you want to win with BF you need to take odds which are higher than probability than something will happen. Ask yourself when this may be possible? There isn't other option. Keep asking yourself until you will find an answer. 

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 12 May 2019, 17:57 »
Wrong attitude. Why automation? What do you want to automate? First you have to got an idea what do you want to automate. Automated betting is being used to try strategy of which you think that may contain +EV but it's extreme difficult to do enough number of bets betting manually. Are there any niches or system you think are +EV?

Allright, Im gonna give you some tips. First one - stop asking, keep digging. Seriously you won't get anywhere if you just ask. Searching only will make you experienced and this way only you will learn from your own mistakes. Don't waste time asking. Instead of that keep googling. People who earn on BF had to adapt to circumstances which are changing over and over again. They are creative, they don't ask, they keep digging. And if you ask me there are tips over the internet how to find +EV bets if we talk BF. But you won't find them after few hours of searching. I found some after months. This is what most people don't like: they don't want to sweat. I was like you years ago. I kept asking but got same answers: "You want and edge? Find one". Sooner you realize this is best advice you can get, better for you. This may sounds ridiculous for you, you may think that Im greedy and I just don't want to share but one day you may realize that won't be better advice. I extreme grateful that I've been told that years ago.

This is simple. If you want to win with BF you need to take odds which are higher than probability than something will happen. Ask yourself when this may be possible? There isn't other option. Keep asking yourself until you will find an answer.
Thanks for your patience

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE