Author Topic: Question about the minimum Betfair bet size  (Read 12163 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Question about the minimum Betfair bet size
« on: 06 May 2011, 14:25 »
Hi this is a question about the minimum Betfair bet size that I hope someone can help me with.

The minimum bet size at Betfair is currently £2 English money, but I find it hard to keep every bet at £2 when Dutching. Is it allowed by Betfair to Dutch back in one market at below the minimum on each selection if the total accumulated bet size is equal or greater than £2?

Thanks for your help

• Élite
Re: Question about the minimum Betfair bet size
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2011, 14:58 »
hi
this is from another forum, but answers your question.

Re: BETFAIR Minimum Bet

Postby bhagwan » 28 Nov 2010 16:19 GMT
Those clowns at Butfart told me that the min bet for Laying is $30 liability.
This is mentioned in the Betfair Q&A but not in the charter of rules , there is no rule number on this.

I then asked for the rule number in their charter, that they could quote. They could not give it to me .

I then said the reason why you cant give it to me is because its not in the charter of rules.

Another time they told me the min outlayed on a Lay bet is 5.00 flat on Lay betting.

I said does that mean that an outlay amount on a 100/1 shot the Liability would be 500.00
He said that's correct.
I said that makes it a 500.00 bet , not a 5.00 bet.
I asked , that the min bet is 5.00 in the charter of rules, is that right
He said yes.
Then if I bet to Liability of $5.00 this amount is taken out of my account & this therefore its a 5.00 bet. on say Lay betting a 10.00 chance.
He said that's not right.
I said the rules in Aust book maker rules , state that a bet as such is the amount at risk e.g. 5.00 to 50.00 @ 11.00 if win betting = 5.00 bet
If Lay betting, it would be 50.00 to 5.00 @ 11.00 . That's a 50.00 bet , not 5.00

When it comes to Dutching he said the min amount to bet on any of the selections is $5.00
I said that would mean that I would have to be betting in hundreds if not thousands on a single race , just to get set for just one race.
That's plain madness.
He said that the rules.
But I said that there are races where the liquidity is too low to accept bets like that , so what are they prepared to do if my bets dont get set & it wins without my proper amounts getting set.
He said they could do nothing about that .
I said that's exactly why certain bets have to be kept small so as to keep in proportion to the given market.

I said a bet is the amount that comes out of your account.
That guy did not know the first thing about Bookmakers & odds terminologies, I may as well have been talking to a wooden chair.

If we put forward the notion that 5.00 bets where indeed put forward but their system did not accept our 1000.00 prices at jump time.
Technically, the bets were placed at min amounts, but not taken up, so how is it our fault.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2011, 15:14 »
Thanks for the reply mcbee.

I dont quite understand this, does it mean as long as the liability is at £5 I can dutch at below the minimum on each selection?

Thanks

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2011, 15:23 »
hi
NO.
When it comes to Dutching he said the min amount to bet on any of the selections is $5.00
I said that would mean that I would have to be betting in hundreds if not thousands on a single race , just to get set for just one race.
That's plain madness.
He said that the rules.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2011, 15:53 »
mcbee, thank you for sharing. Yes, it's [censored].
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2011, 17:11 »
Ok I have dutch backed 6 selections where two of them are backed below the minimum, so I have manually added the extra money on both selections to bring them up to the £2 minimum on each, that means those two selections have been backed twice under the minimum to bring them up to £2, therefore each selection is now equal or greater than the minimum bet amount

Dose this qualify for the minimum bets?

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 06 May 2011, 17:32 »
Another question what happens when you back or lay at the minimum and the get partially matched, resulting in betting below the minimum, how does that work will we be penalised for it?

• Élite
« Reply #7 on: 06 May 2011, 18:07 »
hi
you are worrying over nothing.
it is mainly the aust markets, because you bet with betfair direct and not other punters.
if they do not like what you are doing they will warn you first.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 06 May 2011, 18:24 »
Thanks for your help mcbee
 ;D

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 10 Oct 2011, 11:48 »
Does Betfair only supports a single currency (GBP)? In case there is EUR available, what if you change your account currency to it, will it change your bet limit?

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 10 Oct 2011, 12:32 »
You have to create a separate account with different currency.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE