Author Topic: Reading the manual  (Read 13772 times)

Tags:
  • Administrator
Reading the manual
« on: 08 May 2013, 08:00 »
Over the last month or so we've carried out an experiment which was meant to reveal how many users actually read the help file (the program's manual).

We've inserted a special promo-code which could double your subscription in various places in the text of the manual. We had many users take a trial or subscribe during this month, yet guess how many of them found the code? Three! (Well done guys!)

The experiment is over, so no use to look for the code anymore, however this gives us more to think about.

If the manual is so persistently ignored, what is the best way to help you to get to grips with the program?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Re: Reading the manual
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2013, 08:30 »
Very clever Oxa. 'Welldone'....to whoever thought of that. ;D
Improvise Adapt Overcome

• Desenvolvedores de trigger
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2013, 09:16 »
Hi Oxa

I believe that is because the quality of help assistance here is amazing, and people dont give any importance to the manual.

Its very important new users understand this . Even to offer a best help is necessary user know exactly how express the problems to all us.

Maybe a better solution in manul is improve help search adding more keywors to people find things more faster.

But... guys pleas... read the manual, it is extremely important, believe us.

pcal72

Desenvolvedor de triggers oficial Market Feeder pro

Também faço:
Cursos sobre Market Feeder pro (gratuitos)
Triggers (gratuitos para sempre)

Para saber informações contacte-me!

NOTA: TESTE SEMPRE OS SEUS TRIGGERS ANTES DE OS USAR COM FUNDOS REAIS!

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2013, 09:21 »
The manual is excellent until one reaches around about page 74. It them becomes very technical and uses language which most people would not readily understand     ( e.g. words like "parsing"" )' It becomes very difficult to understand at this stage unless one is able to study it hard and ask for additional explanations.

It is a very sophisticated program and it is very difficult to explain complex matters in simple terms and language. Since I started using the program there have been huge improvements, the videos being particularly helpful and informative. My own understanding of the program would have been much greater by now but I have had many family related commitments which have taken my time.

I recommend that you provide more examples of triggers which show the use of every variable listed in the tables. This would involve you in a great deal of work initially but I am certain that it would eventually lead to more people using the product. There are repeated requests on other forums for automated trading. Having said this, there are still a huge number of potential customers who would never discipline themselves and work to understand the program however hard you worked to teach it.

I have tried, without success, to find another user who lives near me. The idea is that we could help each other with strategies and the mechanics of writing triggers. Some concepts are difficult to grasp by reading but often they can be explained simply by personal contact.

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 08 May 2013, 09:40 »
hi
NEW user's want to get to know the bot first without having to spend lots of time learning how to program/create triggers before they can place there first bet.
They want to be able to just load a basic betting trigger that they can select a favourite to bet on, back or lay, with the amount to bet and a time before the start to place the bet.
After the new user has used the bot for a day or so and can see it working, then they want to try new ideas and start to convert systems into triggers.
When they download the bot for the first time it would be better if it had a basic back/lay trigger ready loaded to run.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 08 May 2013, 09:47 »
Maybe a better solution in manul is improve help search adding more keywors to people find things more faster.

Right, couldn't agree more. We've already improved the index of the hekp file a little bit, but will be working on doing it again.

Nigel, thanks for your comment too, it all makes sense. I'm thinking of organising an online chat someday where people would be able to ask questions in real time.

They want to be able to just load a basic betting trigger that they can select a favourite to bet on, back or lay, with the amount to bet and a time before the start to place the bet.
When they download the bot for the first time it would be better if it had a basic back/lay trigger ready loaded to run.

I had a similar thought so made the trigger editor automatically fill in the fields in a default trigger so that it lays on the favourite at the current price. So all that is left is to actually press "Add Block" and "Add Trigger". Will actually placing a trigger there by default be a better approach? Maybe put the list of available trigger examples somewhere in the trigger editor?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 08 May 2013, 09:48 »
I agree with McBee. My initial problem with MFP was that I could not get any trigger to work. If it was supplied with very simple triggers, just allowing bets on favourites, named selections, jockey rides, etc., new users would be up and running immediately and this would encourage them to learn more.

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 08 May 2013, 09:51 »
If it was supplied with very simple triggers, just allowing bets on favourites, named selections, jockey rides, etc., new users would be up and running immediately and this would encourage them to learn more.

Off to work on very simple triggers then!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

« Reply #8 on: 08 May 2013, 11:41 »

"it all makes sense. I'm thinking of organising an online chat someday where people would be able to ask questions in real time."

It is a great idea, and maybe doing a briefings via teamviewer or something, can be a good idea to.

You can also create a team speak comunity.

pcal72

Também faço:

• Élite
« Reply #9 on: 08 May 2013, 12:31 »
hi oxa
this is a basic back lay trigger that could be loaded as a default trigger.
the user can choose the fav position or the selections name.
the bot should be pre set with
100 test funds
the connection monitor should be set to 15 request per sec as default
test mode ON
idle refresh 2
in-play refresh .5
download results from betfair as default
So all the new user has to do is load the markets and start test or live betting.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 08 May 2013, 13:21 »
Hi
I would suggest making better use of the “Getting Started” screen which is displayed when My Markets is empty. Perhaps splitting the screen into something like the attached screenshot at the top, and a News section below. The content of the Getting Started screen could include a list of basic triggers to “Load and Go”.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #11 on: 08 May 2013, 14:38 »
Great stuff MarkV

pcal72

Também faço:

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 08 May 2013, 17:12 »
Hi again
If Operators and Functions were included in the Formula Builder it would save a lot of trips to the manual.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 08 May 2013, 17:31 »
All very thoughtful and valuable advices! Thanks guys, I'm noting this down.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 10 May 2013, 09:37 »
As the basics of the program are very easy to understand for most, that part of the manual was largely irrelevant for me personally (although obviously it has to be documented).

I treated the manual as a reference guide and the two times I ran into trouble with certain equations I started a few threads for advice which were very helpfully dealt with.

Perhaps it would be helpful to have several case studies of more complicated trigger setups and use of variables in the manual? The variables themselves are very well explained in terms of "this is this piece of data", but it often feels like trial and error in so much as setting them up and seeing how they tick.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE