Author Topic: reserves in horse racing  (Read 5525 times)

Tags:
  • All members
reserves in horse racing
« on: 11 Sep 2013, 14:38 »
Hi is there a way of telling which hores are reserves in brief mode as unless i look on betfair itself i cant tell.
thanks Colin

• Élite
Re: reserves in horse racing
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2013, 14:45 »
For those of us that dont now - what are 'reserves' and where do you get this info on Betfair ?

Thanks

Alfaman

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2013, 14:56 »
Reserves are horses that are priced up in a race but only run if other horses are non runners. If their are no non runners these horses are withdrawn with a 0 percent reduction rate. Often in these races the lay side percentage goes well over 100 percent causing chaos if you have a trigger which relys on firing when the lay side is at a certain percent. Thats why i need to know if there is a way of showing them on market pro. On betfair they are simply listed as reserves.
Colin

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 11 Sep 2013, 16:16 »
Thanks - exactly where on BF do tou see the information about it being a reserve?

I have had a probe around and cannot see anything - but perhaps there are no reserves in the races I am looking at.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 11 Sep 2013, 17:12 »
There are not many uk races that have reserves there was only one today at doncaster. In ireland they use reserves all the time in big fields.
Colin

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 02 Oct 2013, 18:09 »
If you bet USA racing. Charles Town run almost all year round four days per week.

They have a maximum field of 10 but can list up to 14 runners in some races.

Once these markets are live then deductions will be made for withdrawn runners BUT its unusual for the races at Charles town to go below 125% on the back side until at least 15 mins to the off. At this time of course all reserves and scratches will be known ( except very late vet scratches).

Delta Downs do the same,but don't race all year round.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE