Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by yorkiemac08 on 19 Nov 2012
  • Hi if i bet at 4 with a stop loss at 1 tick how do i stop both bets firing at once? I would like stop loss put on offer not just given away. Regards Andrew
  • #2 by MarkV on 19 Nov 2012
  • Hi
    How about getting your stop-loss to fire when the current best lay price is x ticks higher than your matched back price
    Selections lay price is equal or greater than r_ticks(bm_backp, x)

Also bear in mind if there is a spread between back and lay prices this will fire based on the current best lay price. To prevent this use g_ticks(back_price, lay_price) is less than <your acceptable spread in ticks between current back and lay prices>

I would comment that a 1 tick stop-loss almost guarantees being stopped out
  • #3 by yorkiemac08 on 19 Nov 2012
  • Hi Mark thanks for the reply i dont use the stop loss at 1 tick that was just easier for me to explain what i was doing. Is this the correct condition                                                    selections back matched is greater than 0                                                                           and selections lay price is equal or greater than  r_ticks(bm_backp, 1)                              and selections lay price is equal or greater than  g_ticks(back_price, lay_price<1)              Regards Andrew
  • #4 by MarkV on 19 Nov 2012
  • Hi
    Not quite.
    To summarise your objective in english:
    stop loss to fire if current lay price is greater than 2 ticks against you
    and only if there is no gap between current back and lay prices

Conditions:
    selections back matched is greater than 0
    selections back unmatched is equal to 0
    selections lay price is greater than r_ticks(bm_backp,2)
    selections trigger expression g_ticks(back_price,lay_price) is less than 2

that said, you have other options for stoploss:

the distribute loss action has a built-in option for stoploss ticks or percentage
    settings, stoploss options, lets you set default stoploss options

please do read the Operators and Functions section of the manual to get a better understanding of how r_ticks and g_ticks works
  • #5 by yorkiemac08 on 19 Nov 2012
  • Cheers Mark. I do read the manuals but its hard to understand things and sometimes when i see the problem wrote down the penny can drop. You and a few others have been great in helping me so thanks again Andrew
  • #6 by MarkV on 19 Nov 2012
  • It's good.You are trying and learning.
Pages:
Actions