Author Topic: stop loss  (Read 5373 times)

Tags:
  • All members
stop loss
« on: 19 Nov 2012, 16:41 »
Hi if i bet at 4 with a stop loss at 1 tick how do i stop both bets firing at once? I would like stop loss put on offer not just given away. Regards Andrew

• All members
Re: stop loss
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2012, 17:45 »
Hi
How about getting your stop-loss to fire when the current best lay price is x ticks higher than your matched back price
Selections lay price is equal or greater than r_ticks(bm_backp, x)

Also bear in mind if there is a spread between back and lay prices this will fire based on the current best lay price. To prevent this use g_ticks(back_price, lay_price) is less than <your acceptable spread in ticks between current back and lay prices>

I would comment that a 1 tick stop-loss almost guarantees being stopped out
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 19 Nov 2012, 20:04 »
Hi Mark thanks for the reply i dont use the stop loss at 1 tick that was just easier for me to explain what i was doing. Is this the correct condition                                                    selections back matched is greater than 0                                                                           and selections lay price is equal or greater than  r_ticks(bm_backp, 1)                              and selections lay price is equal or greater than  g_ticks(back_price, lay_price<1)              Regards Andrew

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 19 Nov 2012, 20:44 »
Hi
Not quite.
To summarise your objective in english:
stop loss to fire if current lay price is greater than 2 ticks against you
and only if there is no gap between current back and lay prices

Conditions:
selections back matched is greater than 0
selections back unmatched is equal to 0
selections lay price is greater than r_ticks(bm_backp,2)
selections trigger expression g_ticks(back_price,lay_price) is less than 2

that said, you have other options for stoploss:

the distribute loss action has a built-in option for stoploss ticks or percentage
settings, stoploss options, lets you set default stoploss options

please do read the Operators and Functions section of the manual to get a better understanding of how r_ticks and g_ticks works
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 19 Nov 2012, 21:54 »
Cheers Mark. I do read the manuals but its hard to understand things and sometimes when i see the problem wrote down the penny can drop. You and a few others have been great in helping me so thanks again Andrew

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 19 Nov 2012, 23:02 »
It's good.You are trying and learning.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE