Author Topic: Totally panned out  (Read 3217 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Totally panned out
« on: 20 Nov 2015, 10:21 »
Is it worth continuing the search?  Are there triggers that work?

Collective greenups on 1% is all fine and well for most of the time, but when, and it will, the 100/1 shot comes in boy does it look bad.

As in the Gold Rush are the only people making money selling shovels?

Sorry for the rant.

P.S. Has anybody a cure for Gold Fever?

• All members
Re: Totally panned out
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2015, 12:06 »
refresh rates are too bad for inplay

only thing working for me is dutch backing horse selections from a service I subscribe to with a martingale staking plan... 5-10% ROI a day!

• All members
Re: Totally panned out
« Reply #2 on: 21 Nov 2015, 20:57 »
Hi ronniem

Use the triggers on the site as a starting point to give you ideas of ways to go with your betting.  On the betfair exchange you are matching somebody else's bet so if you loose then they win, and vice-versa, so by definition you can win on betfair.  Look at the number of people who have been active on this forum for many years to realise that we aren't all going to be here if this wasn't rewarding for us.

I'm not saying that it's an easy journey and at times it can feel like banging your head against a brick wall, but trust me when I say that if you persevere you'll get there.  My advice is save your test statement every day with different test strategies betting different amounts so you can keep track of how each one does.  If something doesnt work see if tweaking it produces better results.  Sometimes a eureka moment can happen from triggers that perform very badly.

It can prove to be endlessly fascinating pitting yourself against other bettors, and trying to outsmart them. You,ll need to put in the time and keep experimenting if you want to consistently succeed at this.

I would also disagree with Liltbrockie, as I find inplay refresh rates perfectly acceptable for some inplay strategies.

Good luck

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE