Author Topic: Virtual desktop  (Read 4041 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Virtual desktop
« on: 02 Apr 2016, 17:28 »
Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to run mfp on a virtual desktop and keep connection to the api while the desktop is not logged into.

Aim is to allow editing mfp while not at home etc. Free option would be best!

Thanks

• All members
Re: Virtual desktop
« Reply #1 on: 02 Apr 2016, 19:20 »
If you mean running mfp on one computer and tweaking it from another then I think teamviewer would suit your requirements exactly.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 02 Apr 2016, 23:34 »
I just hate teamviewer, always seems to change the password, perhaps its just me.  On Ipad I use Microsoft RD Client  app,  this is extremely fast, reliable and easy to use, since it uses the the built-in Remote Desktop Connection on your PC.   Teamviewer needs to be installed on both the PC and your tablet and I think its really designed for multiple connections hence "Team" viewer.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 03 Apr 2016, 04:02 »
Logmein don't have a free version any more. I'm using Teamviewer now and it's fine.

As separate MFPro runs on a PC/using Windows 7 (for O/S meeting overnight) so I log in using Windows Remote. It has no keyboard or monitor and I view its desktop from my main PC when logged in. Acts like a server buts its run on standard OS.

Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 03 Apr 2016, 07:09 »
Thanks for the replies.

Is there a recommendation for the most suitable vps to run mfp? Spec/price etc.

Thanks

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 03 Apr 2016, 08:33 »
This has been covered recently  and this was my recommendation if you require a server with a UK IP address:

I use tagadab.com for VPS.   A set up with Windows server 2008 R2 or 2012 R2 and just 1 Gb ram is more than adequate for running MfPro and costs £17.95/month.  They offer a weeks trial for £1.   I also run 2 other bots simultaneously on this setup.  You don't need as much ram as would be required on a laptop.  I am not doing anything complicated though, mainly backing football matches in play with no trading.

The datacentre has its own firewall protection so I have never considered there is a security issue.  The real advantage is 100% guaranteed uptime and superfast internet connection around 100 mbps and, of course, you can turn off your laptop.  All you need to install is MFPro and a browser to download the setup file and email any triggers you need.

Another advantage is when away from your laptop, you can use the RD Client app on your tablet device to communicate with your server and change bot settings if required.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 03 Apr 2016, 08:46 »
Really helpful. Question answered.

Thanks bud.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE