Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by aaandromeda on 25 Jul 2013
  • I've been using a laptop set-up in my room as a stand-alone betting machine (accessing via logmein.com) However, its never as reliable as I would hope. Most of the week MFP is fine, but every Saturday (when Aus has many many races on) it typically freezes or crashes a few times. I have no idea where to start with finding a good VPS. Does anyone have any they can recommend (and know MFP works on it)?
  • #2 by mcbee on 25 Jul 2013
  • hi
    if you do not need all the markets monitored at the same time then set the bot to monitor the markets x minutes before the start time.
    in the settings
    monitoring options
    tick start monitoring events at  (the minutes before the start that you need to bet)

mcbee
  • #3 by londolozi on 25 Jul 2013
  • I've tried Logmen but suffered too many communication conflicts.

I completed revamped my approach and now use a combination of Autohotkey, Windows Task Scheduler & MSExcel macros.

I can go away for a week and every morning MFP7 runs, interfacing with a spreadsheet of selections on MSExcel. Then at night MFP6 runs my UK systems, again interfacing with MSExcel. I put a PC re-start in between just in case one venue crashes.

Task Scheduler controls the timings. 
  • #4 by 1oser on 27 Jul 2013
  • I've been using a laptop set-up in my room as a stand-alone betting machine (accessing via logmein.com) However, its never as reliable as I would hope. Most of the week MFP is fine, but every Saturday (when Aus has many many races on) it typically freezes or crashes a few times. I have no idea where to start with finding a good VPS. Does anyone have any they can recommend (and know MFP works on it)?

What is your budget?

if you can afford a server I recommend http://www.racksrv.com/
    or check webhostingtalk.com vps offers section.

one thing I can say is get a vps/server in the UK or IRE .. had to cut back on spending when things were not going well and I am now struggling with a VPS in Holland that routes traffic through the US and sometimes causes issues logging into betfair.
  • #5 by gavind on 04 Sep 2013
  • Word of advice, don't use logmein because it takes up too much resources. Try Teamviewer. It's so much lighter.
  • #6 by 1oser on 04 Sep 2013
  • Word of advice, don't use logmein because it takes up too much resources. Try Teamviewer. It's so much lighter.

RDP is the way ... i hve an iphone and purchased a RDP app for those moments I am not near a screen ... restarting MFP is a piece of cake .. should push come to shove I have edited a trigger with it.
Pages:
Actions