Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by SmartySocks on 26 Feb 2010
  • When you place dozens of bets on a market it would be great to have an aggregate bets option. The Betfair web interface offers something like that. For instance, you could aggregate all bets with the same odds when this option is ticked.

It would also be nice to have an average odds option.

These options would reduce clutter when desired.

It might even make sense to have these options for the unmatched bets window. Then you could edit them in a oner, which would save a lot of time, particularly when speed is of the essence.
  • #2 by SmartySocks on 26 Feb 2010
  • Also, I'd like to be able to cancel all unmatched bets in a oner (as is available on Betfair).
  • #3 by SmartySocks on 16 Mar 2010
  • To-day, I have come across for another important reason to be able to display aggregate bets in the matched/unmatched window:

I use Betfair mainly to lay bets I placed externally (at the bookies). Sometimes, I lay multiple selections because I backed these at different bookies. For instance, to-day I laid two external bets and backed a third selection.

In that scenario the P&L shown for the selection under its name is meaningless because I am not interested in the combined liabilities. What I need to see at a glance is the total liability for one selection. This acts a sanity check for me because I can work out in my head whether the figures look about right.

To-day, after having placed several small lays at different odds in-running (in addition to other bets in the same market), the bets didn't fit in the window and there was no time for scrolling and adding up manually. I had no idea whether I might have overlaid.
  • #4 by SmartySocks on 19 Mar 2010
  • I put together a few screenshots of a simplified example with a dozen bets on one selection, just to compare Betfair web interface and MFPro.

• A bet takes up almost double the height in MFPro compared to BF, mainly due to the reference being shown.
    • BF shows backers stake, which is missing in MFP
    • consolidate and average possibility in BF

Do users need the reference in the bets window? I notice it is missing from your excellent downloadable statement. I think this column should be added to the statement (as in BF's) regardless.

Maybe other people don't use the backers stake. I miss it in MFP.

Anyway, I would just like to reiterate that I am not constantly moaning about a product I am very impressed with even though the number of my suggestions might make it seem that way.
  • #5 by gavind on 27 Oct 2013
  • By the way guys, are able to cancel all unmatched bets at this time already?
Pages:
Actions