Author Topic: Allow "contains values in file" from market locator to be used within mfp itself  (Read 1700 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi Tim, Oxa & the team

The contains values in file function is very useful in being able to exclude (or include) specific markets for trading.  However there is no comparable functionality in the software itself.  

is in file is the closest we have, but that requires the whole string to be exactly the same, which when dealing with horse, jockey, team or tennis players names, these can be written slightly differently depending on where the information has come from.

As a random example, the tennis player Gian Marco Moroni can have his name written with a hyphen ie Gian Marco-Moroni.  In this instance, is in file would not pick him up if the hyphen was present in the txt document, where as contains values in file would.

Using Import selections for auto trading is not a viable alternative as I run multiple strategies at the same time that need access to all markets.

It might seem like a small thing but it would make a big difference.  At the moment I have to run separate instances of mfp for each exclusion within each sport that I bet in, as the market locator is the only way I've got of creating the exclusions that I need.  If contains value in file was added to the functionality within mfp I could streamline things immensely.

Thanks if it's possible.

• Administrator
Hello!

I have written this down, although I envisage that this function might slow down the trigger processing, as it always takes time to search bits of data inside strings, and "contains" implies the bit can be anywhere in the string you are checking, so this eats up much of CPU resources, especially if the list in the file is long enough.

However, if used wisely, this should not be a problem. Thanks for suggesting.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Thanks for taking it onboard Oxa

A warning about the cpu usage could go into the manual, then people could make a decision about if they wish to use the function.  If the condition wasn't used in inplay triggers then the strain on the cpu surely wouldn't effect the functionality significantly.

• Administrator
Yes, you're right, I just had to mention this beforehand.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE