Author Topic: Allowing users to add extra information to the statement files  (Read 1371 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi Everyone

I think one area where this incredibly powerful and versatile software could be improved is the statement options.  At the moment we have no way of recording extra information in this which we might find useful to analyse.   

I'm sure I'm not alone in saving my statement every day, so that over time I build up a vast data set of bets I have made. By analysing this data I have been able to improve my triggers eg some of them work badly in hurdle horse races, or some of them work better in races under 1 mile long.  Yet there is so much extra information that's in the api feed from betfair which is lost when the statement is recorded.  I think this is a real missed opportunity.

As an example, the variable runner_number returns the number of horses in the race, so if I could record that, I could analyse which triggers work best in small fields, and which work better when more horses are in the race.

Another would be silk_age which gives the age of the horse.  If I could see that in the statement in a column next to the record of each bet, I could (after I'd built up a suitable amount of data over a few months) sort my results by that column and see which ages of horse performed best.

These are just two simple examples to give a small taste of what could be recorded and used.  Each user would want different variables saving, which is why I have mocked up how this might work in action.  The attached images shows how this could be implemented. A new statement section could be added to the logger page of the settings, with a 'log user variables in statement' check box where each user can customise what extra information (if any) is recorded in the statement.  In this mock up I have added runner_number & silk_age as examples as I talked about them before, but each user would add whatever variables they wished.

These columns would then be added to the statement, as I have shown in the 2nd mocked up image.  The column Var1 displays the number of runners in the race, and Var2 shows each horses age.

I have thought this feature would be a good idea for a long time now, in fact I posted it in the suggestions 3 years ago:
https://community.welldonesoft.com/marketfeeder-suggestions/ability-to-add-our-own-variables-into-each-days-statement/msg53425/?topicseen#msg53425

I know that this feature would really expand our ability to refine our triggers, and hopefully if you guys agree that it's a useful addition to the software, and that it is implementable, then it might get added to the todo list.

Thanks for reading. 

• Desenvolvedores de trigger
Hi

If possible, inded it will be a great addition to the software.

But, you can already do that, only need save in a text file all data you need by exemple when market is settled.

chears
pcal
Desenvolvedor de triggers oficial Market Feeder pro

Também faço:
Cursos sobre Market Feeder pro (gratuitos)
Triggers (gratuitos para sempre)

Para saber informações contacte-me!

NOTA: TESTE SEMPRE OS SEUS TRIGGERS ANTES DE OS USAR COM FUNDOS REAIS!

• All members
Hi pcal

Can you expand on how you're able to do that e.g how do I get runner_number info for every horse racing market I have bet on during the day?

Thanks

• Élite
hi
there is a trigger and information here
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Desenvolvedores de trigger
Hi all

Thanks McBee, always in alert mode. 8)
Desenvolvedor de triggers oficial Market Feeder pro

Também faço:
Cursos sobre Market Feeder pro (gratuitos)
Triggers (gratuitos para sempre)

Para saber informações contacte-me!

NOTA: TESTE SEMPRE OS SEUS TRIGGERS ANTES DE OS USAR COM FUNDOS REAIS!

• All members
Thanks for alerting me to that trigger Mcbee

While useful, I don't think it's nearly as practical as being able to add this information automatically to the statement file itself.  Over the course of each day the software can place many bets using many strategies over multiple instances of market feeder running with various configurations.  Marrying up these statements to the correct entries in the market data files that the trigger you mentioned creates would be too time consuming to be practical I think.

Perhaps the answer as to why it can't or won't be implemented is in the line written in red on the trigger page that you referenced:

Please bear in mind that exporting proprietary market data, such as prices and volumes, for commercial purposes violates the Terms and Conditions of the BetFair Historical Data Licence! 

I think that a lot of the variables wouldn't violate these terms, so couldn't the proprietary ones be disabled from being available to export?  

• Administrator
Hello!

I have emailed the head of BetFair BDP, hopefully he'll clear up the things for us regarding the use of historical data.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Hi Oxa

Thanks for taking the time to look into this.  If it was possible in any way without breaking the term of the data licence it would be a powerful addition to the software.

• Administrator
Hello!

Here is the response of the BetFair official:

Historical data is any data that is provided after the settlement of an event/market.

You cannot record any of the mentioned data as you are only permitted to sell the data provided under the terms of the existing historical data licence.

I'm sorry to say, but this looks like a bleak perspective in terms of recording any market data in an official account statement.
You can, however, use the triggers, such as the ones to which Mcbee has posted the link.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Ok Oxa, thanks for trying, I'll try and get the info using the method Pcal and Mcbee suggested.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE