Author Topic: Option to permanently collapse a trigger block  (Read 1345 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Option to permanently collapse a trigger block
« on: 02 Nov 2020, 11:49 »
Hi,

When opening triggers, it will always open all trigger blocks.

For triggers that have blocks that are pretty stable and don't need to be updated as often compared to other triggers blocks, I feel it would make sense to have an option on the trigger block itself to say if we (the user) are happy to permanently collapse this trigger and then re-open it if needed manually instead of all the blocks being open and then you find yourself scrolling up and down the trigger (This can be a painful experience if you have 3+ triggers).

In my experience, having to collapse the triggers costs a few seconds but times this by how often a trigger can be updated in a year(s) - The time save and ease of use benefit can be really good.

I've added a quick drawing of what I would imagine this looking like, obviously open to feedback and if this could maybe be placed in a better position?

N.B. Based on my drawing/paint skills, safe to say I'll try stick to Betfair for the time being.

• Administrator
Re: Option to permanently collapse a trigger block
« Reply #1 on: 02 Nov 2020, 12:02 »
Hello!

OK, I got the idea. What about, instead of a dedicated setting, you could just collapse the block and leave it as is until you expand it again, i.e. each time you opened that trigger file, the blocks would stay in exactly the same state you had left them in last time?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 03 Nov 2020, 18:23 »
https://community.welldonesoft.com/marketfeeder-suggestions/trigger-editor-opening-in-collapsed-view/msg92201/#quickreply

This was also suggested back in January this year.  I agree with Vindication that it would make navigating round the trigger editor a lot simpler. If it's able to be added to the todo list that would be great.

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 03 Nov 2020, 18:41 »
This was also suggested back in January this year. I agree with Vindication that it would make navigating round the trigger editor a lot simpler. If it's able to be added to the todo list that would be great.

Thank you for giving the link to the similar topic.

I hear you all, will add this to the to-do list!
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE