Author Topic: Re: How about a Betdaq version  (Read 10399 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Re: How about a Betdaq version
« Reply #15 on: 16 Jul 2014, 14:31 »
Thanks again Martin, I'm glad you hold MFP in high regard as I do. Whereas a version for Betdaq is a good idea, I'm not sure the team have the time what with the release of a new version of MFP and of course Time Machine and the associated teething problems.
I may be wrong which I'm sure Tim or Oxa will point this out, or give us some time frame to work on. Personally I am in no rush as I am still bogged down trying to get even just one long term profitable trigger. It's not easy, for me anyway.
R
My grandma taught me not to run downstairs and never back odds on.

• All members
« Reply #16 on: 16 Jul 2014, 14:59 »
Further to my previous post, I can imagine putting MFP together over several years with 10,s of thousands of man/woman hours it would be no easy task or even encouragement to start a new project like that of one for Betdaq. It may entail an increase in staff and if so may not be economically viable and would they really want to do it in the first place as a lot depends on long term aspirations, ages of team, energy levels, the added patience required to deal with a double lot of our moans and groans etc..... I'm playing the devil's advocate here, as there is a lot to think about.
R

• Élite
« Reply #17 on: 16 Jul 2014, 23:03 »
Thanks racepro. I agree with you, programming a MFPro Betdaq version requires time, knowledge, manpower and money. But due to Betfair's business decisions, MFPro loses income from subscription fees. Finally, Betfair exchange markets will be availaible only in UK, Denmark, Malta and Gibraltar. Users, which come from other countries, will not pay subscription fees in future, as MFPro is useless without a valid Betfair account.

As MFPro connects to a Welldone Software licence checking server, Welldone Software can evaluate the number of users which are about to lose access to betfair exchange markets and will not continue to pay subscription fees in future.

And I am sure, that MFPro has a lot of clients which will lose access to Betfair soon, there is a lot of activity in Russian, Italian and Português forum.

I hope Oxa, Tim or Les has time to read this thread and give us some hints if a Betdaq version of MFPro will be availiable or not.......

And once Welldone Software has decided to offer a Betdaq version, I would like to be a Beta Tester again.

• All members
« Reply #18 on: 22 Jul 2014, 23:51 »
Hi Martin.
I think you meant to add Australia to that list of Betfair subscribers.
Still no comment from Tim/Oxa They are busy no doubt.
R

• All members
« Reply #19 on: 23 Jul 2014, 08:23 »
On the basis that Bet Angel gives away a free Betdaq version of their bot, it may not be such an onerous task as you are speculating.

• Élite
« Reply #20 on: 24 Jul 2014, 13:16 »
On the basis that Bet Angel gives away a free Betdaq version of their bot, it may not be such an onerous task as you are speculating.
Betdaq's API is different, minimum stake is 0.5 and no possebility to enter a stake below this limit. And Betdaq's API usage limits are different, too. At least the interface to exchange and monitor needs a complete rework. And some of MFPro's features must be disabled, too.

The more feature, the more work to do.....  :'(

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE