Author Topic: Selections for AutoTrading  (Read 4009 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Selections for AutoTrading
« on: 18 Jul 2017, 10:47 »
Would it be possible to include some more control around these within the settings menu - for example, ability to load a specific file on a schedule, and/or set a start/stop monitoring the file. Issue is, I am finding I am having trouble setting up autotrading while having a file pre-loaded, because it has deactivated all selections. So having more control over when/how that auto-trading file is active would be very useful.

• All members
Re: Selections for AutoTrading
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jul 2017, 11:12 »
Hi
there is an option to automatically re-import the file every x seconds
it's just below the button for importing on the My Markets tab

you can use triggers to activate / deactivate the trigger that uses the imported data using time related conditions
example:
activate trigger/block AU laying
global current time is between 04:20 and 05:00

deactivate trigger/block AU laying
global current time is between 11:30 and 11:45

to import values for some selections from the .txt file and still have the other selections active for auto-trading use as the last line in the file:
#all_active#
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul 2017, 11:36 »
Thanks MarkV. Hadn't fully grasped those last two options. However, what I am looking for is slightly different, as I am trying to use a trigger to generate the content of the Auto Trading .txt file itself (so that I can manually filter it offline). I don't think any of those functions easily allows me to do this?

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jul 2017, 11:45 »
what data are you looking to write to the file? e.g.:
selection name, rank, back price...etc.?

if you give me some idea I'll see if I can get it started for you
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 18 Jul 2017, 12:38 »
Just "[[market_name]] [sel_name]" currently. I'm trying to get to the point where the robot is fully automated and all I need to do is add/remove selections from the Auto Trading file based on 3rd party data and my own assessment.

I have sort of found a way around this, which is to have a trigger that will write all selections in loaded markets to the auto betting file, let's call it fileA.txt. As long as this file is fully populated, it can be mounted for Autotrading and of course, all selections remain active.

I then have my 'intelligent' trigger write to a separate file, fileB.txt, the subset of selections that I want to review. I make my changes in fileB.txt and the overwrite the contents of fileA with this refined list.

The big issue with this approach is that when the betting trigger fires closer to the off, if I've not been able to modify fileA.txt, then it could potentially start betting on everything. I have also built a failsafe to prevent this, but...

All in all, workable but not very elegant. 

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 18 Jul 2017, 15:34 »
ok, you seem to know your way around, but I agree with you for your requirement it's a bit cumbersome.

if you are not importing values with the selections, there is another way which will meet you first point about using specific text files on a schedule:
basically do not import the selections, but have several triggers using time conditions etc. and the condition:
selections name is in file.....

e.g.
betting trigger for fileA
selections name is in file c:\fileA.txt   <--you can also host this file on say dropbox specifying a url
and global current time is between 04:20 and 05:00
...rest of your betting conditions

betting trigger for fileB
selections name is in file c:\fileB.txt
and global current time is between 13:00 and 21:00
...rest of your betting conditions

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE