Author Topic: Some suggestions for you  (Read 1954 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Some suggestions for you
« on: 08 Nov 2018, 13:45 »
Just a list of a few things I have been thinking about:

Mini range bar charts
It would be nice if we can expand on engineer mode and have a small bar graph associated with each slot we use at the moment for expressions...
The way this would work is you enter your expression like you can do already but you can also enter in a scale....
eg... if i have an expressioni tdif_2  i can enter in a range of say, -10  ... +10 and my mini bar graph for that expression cell will show me where i am currently for the expression....
It would make a much better visual feedback.

One click snippet trigger buttons.
It would be useful to have a bank of say 10 buttons on the user interface... these would be associated with trigger files... so say for example i want a simple trigger which simply greens up and distributes the loss but I don't need or want it to be in my main trigger... i can have it here instead ready to run when i want at the click of a button.

Turn or sound individually
Have a checkbox for each sound notification... I want to hear bets placed but not profit.

A tradeout button that actually works.
Have a tradeout all button similar to the one in geeks toy which actually hedges your bets accurately, at the moment... in a market with lots of back and lay bets on the same selection, the calculation for market_tradeout is all over the place.

New trigger
When I add a new trigger to my triggers i NEVER want it to appear at the top of my block... it should be added to the bottom of the stack.

Turn off green alert when trigger fired.
I want to be able to turn off the green visual alert for when a trigger fires on a per trigger basis... If i have a trigger running every 2 seconds for whatever reason.. I dont need to see it flashing constantly .. i only want to see when a bet fires... let me turn it off for certain trigger parts..

Snapshot of markets in TM
When I am in Time machine mode... let me take a snapshop of what markets I have open.. so that I can reload that same slection of markets easily to test.

• All members
Re: Some suggestions for you
« Reply #1 on: 08 Nov 2018, 15:55 »
And another one...

Trigger True/False stats
For the trigger logs... it would be handy if at the top of the header for each individual trigger there were stats for how many times each conditions was false or true... this would make it very easy to tweak a trigger by easily seeing which condition was coming false compared to the rest of them.

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 08 Nov 2018, 20:27 »
Hello!

Thank you and please see my comments below:

eg... if i have an expressioni tdif_2  i can enter in a range of say, -10  ... +10 and my mini bar graph for that expression cell will show me where i am currently for the expression....

This would require storing quite a lot of data in memory, expanding an already large amount of RAM the program is taking up, so this is not an option at the moment I'm afraid.

Triggers normally depend on conditions and various market parameters which may or may not be satisfied at the time you are clicking that button. There is a special button for greening up/distributing loss already, nut apart from that and actual backing/laying, I cannot envisage any other trigger action that would be useful in this context. I might be missing something here.

Have a checkbox for each sound notification... I want to hear bets placed but not profit.

A simple workaround here is to specify a non-existing file path to the sound you don't want to play.

at the moment... in a market with lots of back and lay bets on the same selection, the calculation for market_tradeout is all over the place.

Can you please provide an example of when it is all over the place?

New trigger
When I add a new trigger to my triggers i NEVER want it to appear at the top of my block... it should be added to the bottom of the stack.

I agree that there should be an option for adding it either at the top or at the bottom of the block.

You may want to add it at the top in the following cases:
- initialisation of variables (should always be at the top);
- correction of profit/loss variables after a win or after a loss in settled markets (should always come before any betting trigger).

I want to be able to turn off the green visual alert for when a trigger fires on a per trigger basis... If i have a trigger running every 2 seconds for whatever reason.. I dont need to see it flashing constantly .. i only want to see when a bet fires... let me turn it off for certain trigger parts..

Interesting. I can suggest adding an option for turning flashing on/off for each trigger individually.

When I am in Time machine mode... let me take a snapshop of what markets I have open.. so that I can reload that same slection of markets easily to test.

Not sure I understood this one.

Trigger True/False stats
For the trigger logs... it would be handy if at the top of the header for each individual trigger there were stats for how many times each conditions was false or true... this would make it very easy to tweak a trigger by easily seeing which condition was coming false compared to the rest of them.

I will see if there is a technical possibility for this.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 09 Nov 2018, 08:11 »
Hi Oxa thanks for your reply!

This would require storing quite a lot of data in memory, expanding an already large amount of RAM the program is taking up, so this is not an option at the moment I'm afraid.
OK No problem!

Triggers normally depend on conditions and various market parameters which may or may not be satisfied at the time you are clicking that button. There is a special button for greening up/distributing loss already, nut apart from that and actual backing/laying, I cannot envisage any other trigger action that would be useful in this context. I might be missing something here.
OK No problem!

A simple workaround here is to specify a non-existing file path to the sound you don't want to play.
Yes an acceptable workaround.... you just have to make sure you remember the filename of the one you have deleted!

at the moment... in a market with lots of back and lay bets on the same selection, the calculation for market_tradeout is all over the place.

Can you please provide an example of when it is all over the place?

Sure.. see my example below:

Please consider the following Pre Race set up:

You will see that I have been spending some time trying to place lay and back bets making an attempt at scalping the market.

I have managed to successfully green up 'Hawkhurt'.. yay!
BUT time is running out and I would like to tradeout or hedge all my positions... ie.. place back bets on captain chaos, west approach and drumless sunset.

Now I can see the market_tradeout figure in the top left of the screen.. its at -0.46 so I am sad... but I will take the loss... and I press the tradeout all button....

#

Oh wow! After pressing the tradeout all button... I am suddenly in profit! The -0.46 projected turned into an actual profit of 0.26!

I can see what is happening I think... correct me if I am wrong.. but the market_tradeout value is NOT taking into account, the profit made on Hawkshurst?

So that is the problem... Maybe the tradeout all figure doesnt need correcting.. I am sure it works just fine for some people and we dont want to change it for them but I need a NEW figure that gives me that 0.26 value somewhere on the screen...
I need to see what exactly, is going to be by position, after I tradeout .. because at the moment I do not see that it works correctly or accurately...

Its telling me when I a trade out I am going to be left with -0.46 but when I do it I get +0.26

I suspect that actually.. we can can work out a clever calculation which looks at the back and lay bets already placed... and looks at the market_tradeout value and returns this "0.26" correct value I am looking for but I am not clever enough to be able to work out what that calculation is.. maybe you can help?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also... worth mentioning and perhaps another suggestion for you....

See the selection West Approach? We layed it at 8.2 and when we traded out, we backed it at 8.2 essentially giving us 0 profit.. a 'scratch' trade if you will.

Now if we were trading out our position by way of a trigger we would do the old trick of something like this:

A simple DL and GU on all selections...
However... in our example... Nothing would happen with West Approach because it neither qualifies for a DL or GU!
So.. if we are not carefull we will be left with an open lay bet on the selection! Not ideal!
So I know we could create a trigger to account for such situations and manually find them and manually place whatever lay or back bet is needed...
But would it not be much easier if we had a new action 'Scratch Trade' which does it for us? We can then easily add that as a third Action to our stack of GU and DL yer?

New trigger

I agree that there should be an option for adding it either at the top or at the bottom of the block.

You may want to add it at the top in the following cases:
- initialisation of variables (should always be at the top);
- correction of profit/loss variables after a win or after a loss in settled markets (should always come before any betting trigger).
OK Cool... will be nice to have the option....

Interesting. I can suggest adding an option for turning flashing on/off for each trigger individually.
OK Cool

Not sure I understood this one.
I often find myself loading up a days races in time machine. I will let the day run over the space of an hour of whatever... Then when all markets have run I might delete all markets I had profit on.. leaving a few that I lost money on because I want to investigate them further.
It is at this time I would like to be able to save the currently loaded markets and be able to LOAD those markets again whenever i want.
You see the reason for this is... I might actually want to concentrate on the LAST market in the list and if I want to do that I can either waste time fast forwarding time machine through the first few markets I have which takes a long time... or I can just delete the first few markets I have but if I do that I can't retrieve the original list of loss making markets if I need to review them again!

It's simple... I just need to be able to have a button which remembers what markets ive got loaded and a button that will reload those exact markets again when I press it.

Trigger True/False stats

I will see if there is a technical possibility for this.
OK No problem!

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 09 Nov 2018, 08:45 »
I can see what is happening I think... correct me if I am wrong.. but the market_tradeout value is NOT taking into account, the profit made on Hawkshurst?

market_tradeout is giving you the net figure you will obtain from closing the currently open bets. You are right, it does not take into account any previously made profit, and there are situations when you might want it like this. And I agree that there must be some other figure, apart from this one, that does take the existing P/L into account. I will note this down.

Nothing would happen with West Approach because it neither qualifies for a DL or GU

I have already scheduled a separate "trade out" (a wrap-up for both greening up and distributing loss) trigger action to sort such problems once and for ever.

I just need to be able to have a button which remembers what markets ive got loaded and a button that will reload those exact markets again when I press it.

I will see what can be done about this.

Thank you for your useful input and also for using both MF Pro and Time Machine!
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 09 Nov 2018, 08:53 »

market_tradeout is giving you the net figure you will obtain from closing the currently open bets. You are right, it does not take into account any previously made profit, and there are situations when you might want it like this. And I agree that there must be some other figure, apart from this one, that does take the existing P/L into account. I will note this down.

OK thanks... I can only speak for myself.. but in my mind this figure that takes into account other bets is FAR more usefull and must be included ASAP

Nothing would happen with West Approach because it neither qualifies for a DL or GU

I have already scheduled a separate "trade out" (a wrap-up for both greening up and distributing loss) trigger action to sort such problems once and for ever.

OK yes this is essential

I just need to be able to have a button which remembers what markets ive got loaded and a button that will reload those exact markets again when I press it.

I will see what can be done about this.

OK

Thank you for your useful input and also for using both MF Pro and Time Machine!

My pleasure... (sometimes!)

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 09 Nov 2018, 08:55 »
Another user here having similar issues with the profit and loss...

https://community.welldonesoft.com/marketfeeder-triggered-betting/spread-profit-loss/

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE