Author Topic: Stream API question  (Read 1735 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Stream API question
« on: 03 Jul 2019, 05:50 »
Hi all. Don't really know where to post this, hope a mod can put it in the right place.

I've been wondering about this for quite some time, searched the forums with no success.

Betfair's stream API has been around for quite some time. Most software vendors sold their new releases as "faster than ever" because of the "new" push prices on change by betfair instead of requesting them periodically. Some vendors allow to choose between the methods. So... despite the APIs outages and so on ...

Is there a reason, or reasons, why marketfeeder still uses the 0.2 max (or min) refresh rate? Why not use the streamed push?

Dont't take me wrong, i love the software and the community. Both help me make money while sleeping or walking on the beach.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

• Administrator
Re: Stream API question
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jul 2019, 11:17 »
Hello and thanks for the question, all questions are welcome!

The reason of not implementing the Stream API up to this moment has been, quite frankly, the cost of the redevelopment and retesting of all the code involved in the refreshing of markets. Most of strategies users program with triggers do not require such intensive refresh rate, so the problem has not been very urgent.

However, we are currently working on a platform solution (a MF Pro, but in a cloud, working 24/7), and that solution will be based on the Stream API, hopefully benefiting from all its advantages.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE