Author Topic: Can't understand how much the historic data costs  (Read 7898 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Time Machine looks very interesting but how much would it cost for me to have all the UK / IRE Horse Racing data for 2013?
I already have an annual subscription for MF. Would it cost extra to use Time Machine?

• All members
Re: Can't understand how much the historic data costs
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jan 2014, 09:57 »
Horse racing costs £0.50 for all races at a meeting.  The data includes win and place markets.  So all you need to do is multiply £0.50 by all the race meetings in a year.

You won't, however, be able to order a whole year's data yet, as only the last few months are available at present.  

Time Machine costs £6 per month, but if you take out a new subscription to MFPro by 07/01/14, TM is included free for the subscription period.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 05 Jan 2014, 10:07 »
Horse racing costs £0.50 for all races at a meeting.  The data includes win and place markets.  So all you need to do is multiply £0.50 by all the race meetings in a year.

You won't, however, be able to order a whole year's data yet, as only the last few months are available at present.  

Time Machine costs £6 per month, but if you take out a new subscription to MFPro by 07/01/14, TM is included free for the subscription period.

Hmm... Looks like it might cost more than £1000 per year for the data :o. And to do sensible back testing, I would need about 5 years of data (£5000 or more... :( )

I renewed my annual subscription to MF in November.  Does it include Time Machine?

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 05 Jan 2014, 11:27 »
Your November sub does not include TM.  You should have waited until the offer for the festive season, that expires on 07/01/14 and you would have got TM included and a 30% discount. 

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 05 Jan 2014, 11:36 »
Your November sub does not include TM.  You should have waited until the offer for the festive season, that expires on 07/01/14 and you would have got TM included and a 30% discount. 
  ???

Seems like I'm not getting a very good deal. My annual subscription expired in mid November, so I had to renew it in order to continue using the software. I don't remember being informed of any 30% discount if I wait until "the festive season" until I renew. :(

Is it possible to cancel my sub, get a refund, and then join again for a year with the 30% discount? :-[

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 05 Jan 2014, 12:35 »
The offer was posted on the website and the forum on 5th December:
http://community.welldonesoft.com/announcements-1/time-machine-for-free-and-30-off-for-christmas!/

They don't inform anyone individually.  You should check the forum regularly, lots of useful information is posted there. ???

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 05 Jan 2014, 13:06 »
The offer was posted on the website and the forum on 5th December:
http://community.welldonesoft.com/announcements-1/time-machine-for-free-and-30-off-for-christmas!/

They don't inform anyone individually.  You should check the forum regularly, lots of useful information is posted there. ???

Quite!

There weren't any offers in mid November. So I just renewed for another year. Seems that it wasn't a good idea to renew my subscription on time. If my renewal had been due in December, I would have paid about  £100 less (including Time Machine).  >:(

I don't want to pay an extra £6 per month (£72 / year) for something that should be included in annual subscriptions, so I'll pass on Time Machine until November. Then I had better delay renewing until I see what offers there are in December.  8)

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 06 Jan 2014, 16:21 »
I am sorry flanna, but Time Machine is not something that "should be included in the subscription". It shouldn't, it is just a temporary offer which will expire on 07/01/2014. Anyone can choose to take it or ignore it, but it is not something that everyone is entitled to.

I was hoping that the idea of holiday discounts was generally well understood.

What you are asking for is like buying a item of clothes in a shop then wanting to return it and buy anew when a holiday sale begins.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 06 Jan 2014, 16:30 »
I am sorry flanna, but Time Machine is not something that "should be included in the subscription". It shouldn't, it is just a temporary offer which will expire on 07/01/2014. Anyone can choose to take it or ignore it, but it is not something that everyone is entitled to.

I was hoping that the idea of holiday discounts was generally well understood.

Thanks Oxa. I'll have to wait until the next holiday discounts, in December. Maybe I can get the discount and Time Machine then.  ;)

I would have liked to have had Time Machine included with my annual subscription, but support has informed me that I cannot cancel the subscription that I paid for 6 weeks ago in order to benefit from this offer. :'(

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 06 Jan 2014, 17:08 »
flanna, sorry if you are so upset, however Time Machine is just £6 per month - not a fortune to spend.
I'm sure we'll have more promotions during the year, well before Christmas, so you will not have to wait for long. :)
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 06 Jan 2014, 21:22 »
flanna, sorry if you are so upset, however Time Machine is just £6 per month - not a fortune to spend.
I'm sure we'll have more promotions during the year, well before Christmas, so you will not have to wait for long. :)

That's OK. Not upset about the £6 per month. I was just a bit peeved at the offer appearing a couple of weeks after I paid for a years subscription.

The £6 per month isn't my main concern. I'm not too happy with having to pay for the data "per meeting". Perhaps you could consider offering a whole week or whole month package. I would like to back-test as far as possible but this would be too expensive at 50p per meeting. It could cost more than  £1000 per year!!  :o

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 06 Jan 2014, 22:08 »
£0.50 inc. tax per meeting is the price Betfair charges for the data.   The same data cost £0.71 inc. VAT from fracsoft.com and you can't use that data with Time machine.   So there is no hope of a quantity discount from Welldone as they would make a loss on the sale.

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 08 Jan 2014, 08:45 »
Thanks Rubold. I didn't know that.

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 12 Jan 2014, 18:35 »
£0.50 per meeting for tax is a lot. Is there any way for us to minimize this?
We only live once.

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 12 Jan 2014, 18:46 »
It is £0.50 per meeting including the tax, that's what "inc. tax" means. ;D

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE