Author Topic: in play trigger  (Read 4020 times)

Tags:
  • All members
in play trigger
« on: 09 Jan 2014, 09:17 »
Hi , I'm testing some in play triggers but they seem to fire erratically when I'm running Time Machine in fast mode . Can I assume that for testing triggers out it needs to be run in normal speed ? I was hoping otherwise as it will take a considerable while to test a large tranche of markets. Also it isn't jumping to the start of the market refresh as configured in monitoring options in settings even though the box is ticked under the Time Machine tab in settings.
Many thanks

• Élite
Re: in play trigger
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jan 2014, 12:29 »
hi
i test nearly everyday using the time machine, and have no problems with the start time.
make sure that you tick
start monitoring events at (set to the time before the off that you want to monitor)
can you explain the   fire erratically when I'm running Time Machine in fast mode
you have to remember that in fast mode you will not see the prices move as they move very, very fast, this can look like bets are been placed when they should'nt.
the best way to test, is to run 1 market in fast mode, see the bets place, then run in normal mode and see if they are abount the same.
there will be a slight difference, because the prices move quick, so the trigger could see a price of 1.98 this run, but the next run the trigger might get 1.97.
it is all to do with the .30 refresh rate, if the time machine starts at 10.00 mins before the start time, the refresh might be at the .10, so it then waits for every .30 and the prices at that time could be 1.98.
the next time the bot is run it could start at 10.00 mins before the start time, the refresh might now be .30, so it wait again for the next .30 and the price could be 1.97 at that refresh.
hope you see what i am getting at, it is not a fault or error, just start time scales.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE