Author Topic: Inconsistencies  (Read 3703 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Inconsistencies
« on: 14 Aug 2015, 08:49 »
Hi,

I've been a user of MArketfeeder for a few years and it is excellent. However,I've recently been using Time Machine and have come to the end of my first month and am deciding whether to continue or not. I have one big reservation - it does seem unstable especially when running in Fast mode. I have on several occasions ran exactly the same trigger and got different results in terms of bets matched - is there a reason for this?

Also, I've had a similar problem to one of the other forum posts- it seems once you have a reasonably long list of races lined up (Over 40) it can get's it's knickers in a twist and it stops processing for 20-30secs although the clock still marches on. This can lead to very misleading results and sometimes if you're not watching  it you wouldn't know. I've tried this on two different computers and it's happened on both.

Any help to rectify would be appreciated but I'm very concerned the product is just not robust enough.

• All members
Re: Inconsistencies
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2015, 16:43 »
I have on several occasions ran exactly the same trigger and got different results in terms of bets matched - is there a reason for this?
Hi goofy,

Have you made the trigger yourself ?

« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2015, 17:47 »
Actually, I think the product is very fit for purpose. I regularly run over 100 markets in a row, with a reasonably sized trigger (50kb) on the fastest mode. If I set up the TM properly, it runs through smoothly. If it slows down, it is generally that I have not set it up very well, changed the triggers or performed some other action. Once I get it going, off it goes and it doesn't stop until it is supposed to stop. Occasionally, there may be a very slight difference in bets matched particularly on the first market as it may not be fully in tune with the trigger yet. But in terms of an overall strategy developer, records maker or database builder I am unaware of anything else that comes close.

Missing an individual bet or two on a TM run may well happen as you say, but in real mode on BF as an experienced trader yourself you know it will happen even more often.

So I would advise you to persist until you perfect your method. When you notice a particular market repeatedly freezing, perhaps re-download that market from BF and try again. If you have any specific problems, post them up and most probably someone will have the solution for you.

Best of luck
Larp

« Reply #3 on: 15 Aug 2015, 07:54 »
Hi
There is a good topic on results variation here:
http://community.welldonesoft.com/time-machine-31/variable-results/
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 2015, 21:10 »
Hi goofy,

Have you made the trigger yourself ?

Yes, I have made Trigger myself, The article MarkV posted makes sense in terms of timings of refresh rates but doesn't explain probs with it freezing. I will re download data and see if this sorts that element.

Steve

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE