Author Topic: Is TM avalaible for people located in Greece?  (Read 3635 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Is TM avalaible for people located in Greece?
« on: 11 Jul 2014, 18:59 »
Hi i have been a registered user of MF(and Betfair) for many years in the past. Unfortunately after the law of online gambling changed here in Greece betfair prohibited people from Greece to play online. My account is still active, i can login, but i get a message that i cant bet online. I loved MF and for many years i was searching for the "holy grail" with triggered betting and test bets. Unfortunately all this "chasing the dream" has stopped for me... Now i see TM gives a great opportunity for people like me to test again the triggers and even better with some real historical data anytime i want.

So my question is the following:
Can i buy subscription and use TM no matter if betfair not allow me to play online with real money???

Thanks in advance

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
Re: Is TM avalaible for people located in Greece?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2014, 20:01 »
That's very interesting question.
Deure you have to log in to BetFair in order to buy data. So you have to have an account.
But technically the software doesn't have to (but currently does) reject your login attempt if your account is locked/not valid/etc. if you don't place any bets.
Could you please let us know what error do you get from BetFair when you are trying to log in to the software?
In additional we need to consult with BetFair about this case.
Thank you for raising this question.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2014, 16:48 »
Since he's logging in from Greece, I think Betfair is rejecting the IP. Is there a way to get around this the safe way by any chance?
Gambling is a lifestyle.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2014, 18:10 »
I just tried to login with MF6(I have this old version without subscription because betfair blocked our accounts after the law changed) i have in this computer.  I get LOGIN RESTRICTED LOCATION  that i believe is related to my ip. I know ways to alter my ip but i prefer the normal and legal way.

Is it possible for you as partners of betfair to start a communication with BF about this issue?

I am very interesting in Time Machine. This is what i always wanted to test my triggers. I have a very big library of triggers with many known strategies and many other completely my own. It was a very nice hobby for me to  chasing the perfect strategy and i really want to get my hands on Time Machine.

Please try to explain to betfair that Time Machine has no live betting. So if no betting, no breaking of law.

I am looking forward to you answer.

Regards

Aris

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE