Author Topic: Issue with Triggers for Win and Place markets  (Read 3777 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Issue with Triggers for Win and Place markets
« on: 06 Jan 2018, 22:35 »
Does anyone know how to use a trigger to place bets in both win and place markets?

"My Markets" contains both Win and Place markets -

I've created a trigger to lay the probable loser.

If I edit the trigger "Markets" to "All Markets" for some reason I only see bets placed for the Place Market.

I've tried creating two triggers within 1 block - 1 set to "Win Markets" and 1 set to "Place Markets". Then I get 2 failed triggers with the message "inappropriate state of market (finished)"

Is there anything I should know about simultaneous markets?

Re: Issue with Triggers for Win and Place markets
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jan 2018, 10:42 »
Hi
Your trigger should work if your settings are correct. For example the attached screenshot is a very simple laying trigger similar to what I think you are wanting to do. I tested this and I get a lay bet on the probable loser in the Win market and I get a lay bet on the probable loser in the Place market 
Monitoring Options Settings: start monitoring events at 2 minutes before the start
this will ensure the condition I have in the trigger to bet at the 1 minute mark before the off is satisfied

if you want to get into more complex triggers, eg. comparing selection prices between Win and Place Markets you should use the winplace_ cross-market prefix detailed in the Marketfeeder Help File. Also, there are a number of trigger examples on how to bet in Win and Place markets:
https://marketfeeder.co.uk/learn/triggers/by-tag/tags/place-markets/
https://marketfeeder.co.uk/learn/triggers/by-tag/tags/horse-racing/
most of these are for HR markets but the principles are the same for Greyhounds

Also just to mention from your other topic the question about the Statement settings in Time Machine, the limitations compared to Test and Real mode in Marketfeeder are detailed in TM Help File at the end.  

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jan 2018, 10:42 »
Thanks for the reply MarkV

For some reason I can't download the attachment but I can just about see the thumbnail. The only difference with my own trigger is that I have no conditions whereas you have something I can't make out in there.

I'm certainly not trying to do anything complex - I'm just interested in the results so I can compile some data. I'm not looking to have any links between the win and place markets.

I'm betting on Probable Loser in All Markets. Start monitoring events at 2 minutes before the start and place bets at one minute before the start.

I'm still having the same problem. I keep getting a message "inappropriate state of market (finished).

I've attached a few screenshots.

Thanks,

Dean

« Reply #3 on: 08 Jan 2018, 17:57 »
Hi
I'm not too sure on this because I don't currently have Time Machine to be able to test for you, the earlier trigger test was in Test Mode in MFP.
The one condition I had was:
markets minutes before the off is less than 1
that should ensure some liquidity

If you are monitoring a greyhound race with Win and Place markets ticking over, are you able to place bets manually in both markets?

Have you checked the Program and Triggers logs for any clues?
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 09 Jan 2018, 11:10 »
I can't answer your question about placing bets manually as I don't know how to do that yet. I simply wanted to run Time Machine and have it all happen automatically.

I have added more attachments - from my Current Bets which shows 'cancelled' under 'In Play' which may be a clue.

I keep getting a message in the trigger logs ":Inappropriate state of market (Finished)

Under 'Choose markets to start stop' I previously had "starting in 3 minutes". I changed that to 10 minutes with no improvement. I've now set it to 'All Markets' - and I get no bets placed at all.

I've attached the details of my trigger code which couldn't be simpler.

« Reply #5 on: 09 Jan 2018, 14:17 »
Hi
Your first screenshot shows two matched lay bets on the same selection, one at a price of 15, and one at a price of 6. It looks like it's working, with one lay bet on the probable loser in the Win market (lay price 15) and one lay bet on the probable loser in the Place market (lay price 6). You need to let the markets settle and those matched bets should then appear in the statement.

Just wondering if you have seen the vids here, they demo TM operation quite well:
https://marketfeeder.co.uk/timemachine/

My Bets: The "cancelled" in the in-play column indicates the unmatched bet will be cancelled at in-play, however your bets were matched

In the trigger log there should be an entry at the time of the bet showing the trigger successfully executed and a lay bet was placed.

« Reply #6 on: 09 Jan 2018, 17:07 »
Hi Dean
I've got my own TM subscription sorted now and have just tested what you are wanting to do. All works well with a lay bet on the probable loser in both Win and Place markets.

Here's what I did:
MFP Settings
monitoring options > market refresh > start monitoring events 2.00 mins before beginning
make sure stop monitoring events is unticked
idle refresh rate 4.00 sec

Trigger, same as yours with one condition:
markets minutes before the off is less than 1

Load Win and Place markets into My Markets, I suggest you start with say 3 to 5 races just to test all works ok.
Turn red triggers bulb on to green

Click the TM rewind button to make sure of the start of the timeline.

Start TM and click Fast button

Wait until all markets are settled (winner label shows in all markets)

Check statement, all bets in Win & Place should be there.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 09 Jan 2018, 21:51 »
Thanks for your help MarkV. That seems to have done it. The only difference between my results and yours was that condition in the trigger. I'm not sure why that makes a difference but I think I can achieve what I want to now.

Thanks again.

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 10 Jan 2018, 10:25 »
Just a note here.  If you are betting in the greyhound markets, you should be waiting until a few seconds before the off to get the best liquidity and minimal back/lay spreads.   

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE