Author Topic: Laying the first runner to hit 1.7 In Play UK / IRE Racing - Win market  (Read 2322 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Newly signed up. Time Machine looks like a great tool to be able to back test In Play ideas with, but I'm currently struggling to get my head around how the triggers work

I'm looking to back test a UK / IRE horse racing idea in the Win market of laying the first runner to hit 1.7 In Play and then recover the loss in the next chosen race

While there are several sources of Betfair data which will show me which horses traded below 1.7 In Play, I can't find a source of data that also provides a timestamp as to which was the first runner to hit 1.7 In Play. Time Machine would appear to allow me to successfully backtest the idea

There are two approaches I'd like to test the idea against ..

1. 2.50 Lay Stake and recover only the loss in the next selected race
2. 2.50 Lay Stake and recover both the loss and an additional 2.50 stake in the next selected race

With the second approach, if the first three races were Won by the first horse to trade at 1.7 In Play then the fourth stake would look to recover the previous three losses plus 2.50 x 4 (As this is the fourth race in the series)

Is this possible with Market Feeder? and if so, is is possible for someone to help me create the Trigger so that I can back test the idea in Time Machine?

Thanks
Hughsiepops

• All members
Yes everything you want is possible.  
You need to request a trigger here: https://community.welldonesoft.com/marketfeeder-make-me-a-trigger/

Or you can look at the example triggers provided with the program and try to write your own.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE