Author Topic: New Time Machine Questions  (Read 1855 times)

Tags:
  • All members
New Time Machine Questions
« on: 04 Jan 2020, 00:03 »
Looks like a great tool and keen to get using it. A few quick questions first:

1. Are the prices on the /timemachine page on this website page out of date (See attached screen shot)

In the app it suggests a race meet is 25p (no option for a 50p "in play" version)

Likewise the app suggests a Tennis match is 4p rather than the 7p or 15p quoted on that page.

2. Is there any chance you can add more sports to it? I would be interested in Darts and Cricket for example.
I presume extra sports have been suggested many times in the past, what is the reason why these haven't been added yet just out of interest, surely it wouldn't be too much more work (even with basis implementation, no scores or anything like that, would be a good start)

3. I see a few others have also suggested about speeding up Time Machine somehow. Would there be a use case for a "bulk processing" mode where there are no GUI updates at all and the Time Machine just goes away and does the number crunching part of any given strategy, then gives results at the end.

Surely this would mean back testing a lot of data (which let's face it, is the best way of doing these things) is much faster than currently?

I don't particularly care about sitting there watching what's going on, I just want to press play, go and make a cup of tea (or even go out for the day if it will take that long) and come back and it's processed 2 months worth of data or whatever. I know I could do that anyway, but if TM is wasting CPU cycles in trying to display what is going on to the user, this seems to be a big waste of processing power and time.

Cheers!

• All members
Re: New Time Machine Questions
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jan 2020, 12:22 »
The reduced prices are for the end of year holiday period which ends on 13/01/2020.   All the subs are half-price also.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 05 Jan 2020, 20:02 »
2. Unfortunately we operate under BetFair Data license that doesn't have these sports.

3. Yes, that would be great but our tests show that GUI is not a bottle neck, but the triggers/formulas and big amount of data. So the speeding up process requires rewriting the whole trigger parsing procedure. It's not that easy... But we have some ideas...
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 06 Jan 2020, 22:56 »
Thank you both for your replies. Very much appreciated!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE