Author Topic: Problems with program crashing and data downloads  (Read 7001 times)

Tags:
  • All members
I purchased 7 days of BAGS greyhound meetings.  After receiving the confirmation email, I opened Time Machine and pressed the download purchased button.  The progress bar appeared and after a while jumped to 30%, it then increased slowly but on every attempt the program crashed at about 43%:

Also when purchased markets are shown in red, it was possible to check the box next to all markets and the data for all that day's markets would download and the markets appear in My Markets.  This no longer works so each required market needs to be individually ticked, this takes forever:

• Élite
Re: Problems with program crashing and data downloads
« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2013, 10:48 »
hi
at the bottom of the all markets press download purchased and all should then be black, then select all markets and they should all go to my markets.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 10 Dec 2013, 11:12 »
They won't go all black as the program crashes every time I press Download Purchased.

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 10 Dec 2013, 11:21 »
hi
for some reason your data execution prevention ( DEP ) has kicked in.
try going in to your computers system properties
then select advanced
then performance
then data execution prevention
now tick turn on DEP for all programs and services except those i select
now add mfp etc
and if you have problems with other software afterwards, you will have to add them.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 2013, 14:03 »
Thanks mcbee, but that made no difference - it crashes every time the progress bar hits 43-46%. 

Is there a limit on how much data can be downloaded in one session?

I hope I don't need to tick all the red markets individually for 7 days of dogs data. ???

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 10 Dec 2013, 15:16 »
rubold, we're checking the markets on your screenshot.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 10 Dec 2013, 16:43 »
Rubold, having made certain checks, I think that the data file for that market, Crayfd 14:08 A8 380m could be incomplete or corrupted. I've re-generated that file, please right-click on the market and choose "Redownload".

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 10 Dec 2013, 17:10 »
OK, but there were 7 days of BAGS meetings needing downloaded.

I received another confirmation email and tried to download all purchased again.  After 30 min the progress bar is only at 34%, I'm losing the will to live :'(  Reminds me of trying to download files with dial-up.  I don't know yet if it will get pass 43%.

Obviously 7 days is a lot of data, but it is only 1 day more than the minimum order, so I don't really have the option of buying less data to achieve a faster download.  If I had done this using the Fracsoft viewer the total time would only been 1-2 min.

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 10 Dec 2013, 17:17 »
Rubold, it's not only about downloading the files from the servers, the program needs to insert the data into your local database so that you could reuse them in future. This may take additional time and computer resources.

Ok, Fracsoft does it faster, but it does not allow you to do what Time Machine does, and for that functionality we need the market prices etc. stored in a local database (unlike Fracsoft which probably downloads it each time anew).

Once they are downloaded and stored, you will not have to do it again. That's about all I can advise, sorry.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 10 Dec 2013, 17:26 »
We may though add a possibility to download a particular meeting rather than all purchased markets.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 11 Dec 2013, 07:31 »
My data eventually downloaded OK, after you did your fix on the corrupted market.  It occurs to me that the option to download a whole day's markets would be preferable to a single meeting. 

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 11 Dec 2013, 15:59 »
Thanks for the feedback rubold, I'll see what can be improved in this area.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE