Author Topic: Refresh rate  (Read 1526 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Refresh rate
« on: 16 Mar 2020, 15:43 »
Hi,

I am running tests in time machine to determine how my strategies would perform. However, I have the in-play refresh rate set at 0.5 secs, but the time stamp shows that the market is only refreshing approximately every 1.5 secs. This could have quite an impact on my strategies. Have you any idea why this may be happening?

Kind Regards

John

• Administrator
Re: Refresh rate
« Reply #1 on: 16 Mar 2020, 21:01 »
Hello!

The speed at which Time Machine can function on your computer is directly dependable on your system spec, i.e. CPU speed, volume of RAM and the amount of resources available to MarketFeeder Pro. When many markets (>30) are loaded into Time Machine, especially when 5 or more markets are refreshed at the same time at the "Fastest" speed, this can affect the actual refresh rate.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 23 Mar 2020, 14:28 »
I have found what the problem is. I am trying to run a complicated trigger, this really slows the software down. I have tried having the same markets loaded, with a simple trigger and everything is fine.

I guess that the software struggles to handle complex triggers.

I will have to try and simplify my trigger, but I think that is going to be difficult.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 23 Mar 2020, 14:37 »
Try running it on a Windows VPS with only the software and a browser installed.  I'm certain you will find performance improves significantly over a laptop.

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 26 Mar 2020, 18:19 »
I guess that the software struggles to handle complex triggers.

Sometimes triggers can be simplified by replacing multiple triggers with, say, one with the right formula or conditions. It's all case-specific of course, but you can try to look at your triggers closer and find ways to improve them.

Also, turn off the trigger logging wherever you don't need it -- it's one of the major hampering factors.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE