Author Topic: Time Machine settings  (Read 1065 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Time Machine settings
« on: 27 Aug 2022, 09:43 »
Hi, I have a problem with the settings for Time Machine. The results that I am getting are not accurate.
I had set up a trigger and backed selections if they met certain criteria.

However, I saw that regularly the selection was finishing second or third. 
I set up a trigger using the winplace_ function, to back the selection in the place market, if the criteria were met in the win market. 

The trigger worked well, but I found that the results in the win market are totally inaccurate.

For example, in the 15:05 race at Yarmouth on the 19th May 2021, my trigger selected the horse Let Me Be.

In the win market, the result shows the horse finishing third. When I ran the same race in the place market, the horse was not in the first three.

I then checked the actual result on Sportinglife.com and the horse finished EIGHTH!!!

How can I alter the settings so that the results are displayed correctly?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

• All members
Re: Time Machine settings
« Reply #1 on: 27 Aug 2022, 16:07 »
Hi,

I have thought more about my previous post, nobody has replied, but I guess that it is because of embarrassment.

Time Machine has one function, and that is to let people test strategies with historical data.

Having now found that the data is flawed, it means that the whole concept of Time Machine is pointless.

I now understand what happened to me previously. I had a strategy and tested it on over 1000 horse races. It won sometimes and lost sometimes, but overall it appeared profitable.

So I tried it with real money, and it lost every day. Having realised that the data in Time Machine is totally inaccurate, I now know why my strategy did not work.

I know that it is not beneficial to you to explain that using Time Machine is a complete waste of time, because you want to get revenue from people purchasing the function, but you should really explain that they are throwing money away.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2022, 14:27 »
Sorry for delay in our answer, it's weekend.

First of all regarding the race.
We've got "LOSER" state for both win and place markets. It's correct, right?
So probably you've got your test mode settings set to settle markets by any other parameter than BetFair's results (random?).
Could you please check it should be set to "Download result from BetFair and settle markets automatically".

Let me know if it's not the case.
Thank you.

P.S. yes, the data we have could contain an error due to huge amount of data involved (for example the win market of the race you mentioned contains 12000 refreshes).
But it must not be that bad.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2022, 06:51 »
Hi, I have a problem with the settings for Time Machine. The results that I am getting are not accurate. I had set up a trigger and backed selections if they met certain criteria. However, I saw that regularly the selection was finishing second or third. I set up a trigger using the winplace_ function, to back the selection in the place market, if the criteria were met in the win market. The trigger worked well, but I found that the results in the win market are totally inaccurate. For example, in the 15:05 race at Yarmouth on the 19th May 2021, my trigger selected the horse Let Me Be. In the win market, the result shows the horse finishing third. When I ran the same race in the place market, the horse was not in the first three. I then checked the actual result on Sportinglife.com and the horse finished EIGHTH!!! How can I alter the settings so that the results are displayed correctly? Thanks for any help you can provide.
+++

The results for the win markets only declare Winner, not which position the horse finished in.  I can't fathom what is behind your somewhat vitriolic complaint.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE