Author Topic: Time Machine - speed recommendations, especially for in play meetings  (Read 2341 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi guys,

Long time MF user, recently discovered the joys to TM.  Loving it.  But, it is slow.  It is probably fabulously clever / efficient at what it is doing, but I am finding that my "run" of each trigger is taking 5-6 hours at present, and I only want to throw more data at it in the coming weeks.  So, I'd like to work out best practice for making it faster.  

Here's my setup...

* horse racing data, only wanting InPlay analysis
* have about 3 weeks worth of BF data purchased / downloaded at the mo, working well as a proof-of-concept, but want to drop more data at it
* PC = 9 year old HP XW6600 workstation, twin Intel Xeon 3GHz 4-core CPUs, 32gb of memory, HDD (not SSD); this PC seems to demolish most tasks easily enough, despite its age; GPU is GTX750Ti, I assume TM is not GPU-optimised / limited ?
* trigger is not amazingly complex, only 4 Conditions at the mo, handful of variables; trigger only bets once per Selection per Market; at most it makes 20 bets per Meeting
* the speed timer slider thing is naturally set to Fast

I'm particularly interested in Settings stuff, I currently run InPlay updates at 1sec or 0.5sec, and I set it to only log for 1min before race start, any other settings I should optimise ?

So any tips on making TM operate faster - is it particularly grateful for more RAM or more CPU cores or faster single CPU clock speed or a better GPU or more SSD vs HDD or... etc etc ?  

Many thanks !

Iain.

Hi
If you only need inplay and don't need the minute before the off I would suggest:
in the monitoring options, set start monitoring events at 0.16 mins before the beginning, or even 0.08
and in TM options make sure the two tick boxes are ticked
-jump to the start of market refresh
-speed up fastest 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
I have always found TM to be adequately fast, but I have only ever tested 1 day at a time.  Is your 5-6 hours for the 3 weeks of data you referred to?   If so then that probably appears satisfactory, but I would suggest that more RAM would certainly improve performance as that is a lot of data to be loaded at once.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE