Author Topic: Trigger Not Working as Expected  (Read 2799 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Trigger Not Working as Expected
« on: 17 Sep 2014, 17:15 »
Hi All
I have a trigger that is not firing properly in Time Machine. I attach the relevant trigger and the log. My understanding of MF Pro may be at fault, but I expected the conditions of the trigger to be met easily, every time the right number of minutes before the off occurred and the number of places was equal to 1. Strangely, the log suggests that MF Pro treats the set user variable action as a trigger condition and states "Checking condition and Selection's Trigger Expression myflag30_market_id is equal to 1" and, of course, always finds that as false and so does not execute the remember or set user variable actions. I expected the user variable to be set to the value of 1 only once the trigger conditions were satisfied and not that MF Pro would treat the set user variable as a trigger condition. What am I misunderstanding that is obviously so, so simple?
Regards
Ed

• Administrator
Re: Trigger Not Working as Expected
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2014, 09:58 »
Hi eeldergill,

You did not attach the log file as it happens.

Are you sure you are viewing the most recent log for that trigger, i.e. you could be looking at the older records referring to the period when your trigger had different conditions (if it ever had). Anyway, the log is a must in this case.

And, on a different topic, there is no good in putting market variables, such as market_id, in the name of the user variable myflag30_market_id. User variables are topmost in the hierarchy of variables, so they are always parsed first and cannot contain any other variables - neither embedded nor user-created. The very fact that you set this action to be executed individually for each market makes it unique for every market, so no need to add market_id.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE