Author Topic: (How to ) Place a bet based on previous market's winner  (Read 995 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi,

puzzling over how to place a bet (horse racing win markets) based on the result of the last settled horse race.  I have a remember trigger which executes when a selection's back price hits 2.0 or less.  Trigger won't execute until at least 15 seconds after the off.

Remember favbets_market_id  Create new list every time  Disregard selection's bets

So I have a record of all the race data uniquely identified for every race (I record this in a text file for analysis in excel later) when a selection's back price <= 2.0.

What I want to achieve is if the winner of the last settled race was favbets_market_id_3_sel_name, place a bet in the current race.  Note that I only want to place a bet under this condition (i.e. I most probably won't have placed a bet in the previous race (but may have if the conditions dictate so) so can't use P/L variables to determine this in all cases.)

I can see there is a winner_name variable but when is this set and how do I link (reference) it between the previously settled market and the current one?

I have considered setting a flag (variable) if the back_price of favbets_market_id_3_sel_name hits 1.03 which is usually a pretty good indicator of the winner, but not always.

So basically, I want a trigger condition that will execute if the winner in the previous settled market was equal to favbets_market_id_3_sel_name in the previous settled market.

regards

Wez

Re: (How to ) Place a bet based on previous market's winner
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2018, 17:40 »
Hi
have a look at the pw_ prefix (previous winner).

pw_1_sel_name is the name of the winner in the last settled market
pw_2_sel_index is the index of second place in the last settled market
etc.
pw_ is only valid for the last settled market before the current market, and it must be present in my markets  
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Re: (How to ) Place a bet based on previous market's winner
« Reply #2 on: 11 Dec 2018, 22:03 »
Hi Mark,

Many thanks for the reply.

I hadn't clocked that particular prefix before but that looks perfect!
I think that is the missing piece of my trigger jigsaw!

Thanks again,

Wez

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE