Author Topic: 2nd matching bet  (Read 18520 times)

Tags:
Re: 2nd matching bet
« Reply #15 on: 04 Mar 2013, 16:45 »
Please can you confirm what you want:

2 selections are concurrently are below 2.0, back the second one
or
1 selection goes below 2.0, then another goes below 2.0, back the second one.

The trigger 1 post earlier will do the former
for the latter I think we need to use remember, so I'll work on that, unless there are any other ideas?
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #16 on: 04 Mar 2013, 17:10 »
hi
with mcbee's trigger
remove or alter the matching number and matching index
because you have set them to equal 2
so if there are more than 2 selections below 2 then there will be no bet placed

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #17 on: 04 Mar 2013, 17:44 »
Edited mcbee trigger attached. I have left match_index as 2 because we want to back the 2nd matching. I hope I am correct. Thanks mcbee.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #18 on: 04 Mar 2013, 17:46 »
and here is another remember trigger to try out. Inplay refresh rate should be 0.5 or faster.

• All members
« Reply #19 on: 04 Mar 2013, 18:51 »
Thanks lads for the help and to confirm for mark 1 selection goes below 2.0, then another goes below 2.0, back the second one.

« Reply #20 on: 04 Mar 2013, 18:58 »
sorry - too many versions. Here is mcbee's edited.

• All members
« Reply #21 on: 04 Mar 2013, 19:07 »
Thanks for putting your time to this mark

• All members
« Reply #22 on: 05 Mar 2013, 20:22 »
Hi could you explain what minbp_3 means im getting confused as i have a trigger that works as a stop entry that uses expression minbp_6 thanks

« Reply #23 on: 05 Mar 2013, 20:36 »
It is the minimum back price of the selection over the last 3 minutes.
In the context of this trigger it is used to find "any other selection" that has gone below 2.0, but I am not convinced about the use of "Any other selection", it implies the preceeding conditions have not been met.

I might be able to test this a bit further tomorrow.

• All members
« Reply #24 on: 05 Mar 2013, 21:32 »
Does it keep remembering after 3 mins? So in a sprint would the expression minbp_0.5 be used

« Reply #25 on: 05 Mar 2013, 21:57 »
"The minimum value of the back or lay price within the latest time specified by {minutes}. The variable minbp_{minutes} returns back price and minlp_{minutes} - lay price. If it's been less than {minutes} since you started refreshing the market, these figures will show the maximum or minimum value since the beginning of the refresh. The time should not exceed the market's history depth."

It is a selection variable. So it will remember the minimum back price like a trailing stop for the duration of {minutes} and reset after {minutes}.

To answer your question, so long as {minutes} exceeds the duration of the race, it will retain the minimum back price attained during the race.

I am sure the stop entry you mentioned triggers when the back price is x ticks higher than minbp_{minutes}.

• All members
« Reply #26 on: 06 Mar 2013, 12:24 »
Thats a lot clearer now. So by having minbp_3 excludes national hunt races as they are usually between 4 and 9 minutes. I will test the trigger today with minbp_9 as that would catch all races. For the stop entry i have conditions
selections actual sp is between 4 and 7
and trigger expression minbp_6 is less than 2
and selections back price is between 8 and 13
Am i on the right track with the conditions?

« Reply #27 on: 06 Mar 2013, 12:49 »
Yes - minbp_9 should cover most races, however, {minutes} starts from when you start refreshing the market.
So if you have minbp_9 and the off is delayed, but the market is refreshing since 30secs before the off, you are eating into the 9.
Also bear in mind that {minutes} must be within the setting: Default market history depth x minutes.

Can't say for sure with the stop entry because you do not say what you want to do. These normally work on a trend reversal, so if a price is going down (minbp_{minutes}) and then reverses by x ticks from minbp, that would be the entry (or exit)
----
I am going to do some testing on yours today. Did you try the remember trigger at post 18?

« Reply #28 on: 06 Mar 2013, 14:02 »
Hi
I tested the remember trigger from post 18. The French race was a good test because the back price of several selections hits 2.00 or below.
The screenshot shows it remembers the first to equal or go below 2.00,  and backs the second selection to do so. I am happy with the basic operation of this trigger.

• All members
« Reply #29 on: 06 Mar 2013, 14:32 »
hi mark i have had mixed results with the trigger
14:24:57   Condition is: FALSE.
14:24:57   Checking condition and Selection's Name is equal to below2_2_sel_name.
14:24:57   Condition is: TRUE. valid for 11 selections: King Fingal, Landown Littlerock, Rano Pano, Star Kingdom, Mezarat, Gumnd, Tayarat, No Quarter, Rare Coincidence, Inis Beag, Billy Thiss.
14:24:57   Checking condition and Selection's Trigger Expression below2_number is greater than 1.
14:24:57   Checking market "Horse Racing / GB / 14:20 Catt 6th Mar".
14:24:56   Remaining conditions in the block will not be checked.
14:24:56   Condition is: FALSE.
14:24:56   Checking condition and Selection's Trigger Expression below2_number is greater than 1.
i am going to try condition
selections name is not equal to 1_sel_name

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE