Author Topic: 2nd matching bet  (Read 18519 times)

Tags:
Re: 2nd matching bet
« Reply #30 on: 06 Mar 2013, 15:02 »
mcbee, or anyone - I have been trying to figure out how to do it in one trigger, but am unsure of the meaning of "Any other selections". The manual indicates that preceding conditions will not have been met.
selection's back price is equal or less than 2.00
and any other selections back price is equal or less than trigger expression minbp_3
does not work because I think it excludes the first condition.

so how to back the 2nd selection that equals or goes below 2.00 in one trigger?
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #31 on: 06 Mar 2013, 15:13 »
Hi Mark i think i have found an answer to at least part of the problem i am having The condition
is equal to 1_sel_name returned the 2nd matching and the condition
is not equal to 1 sel_name returned the 1st matching the conditions are reversed. i had the same problem with condition contains handicap and does not contain handicap i never got it sorted other than to have separate profiles for handicaps and non handicaps. This might solve some problems i will run for a few races and see if it helps

« Reply #32 on: 06 Mar 2013, 15:34 »
I think you are on the right track.
Have a look at the condition
and selections sorting order is defined by....

...and decide how you want to sort the matching selections.
(I think the default sorting order is by back price, lowest to highest)
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #33 on: 06 Mar 2013, 16:34 »
Sorry Mark i dont understand the condition is it
and selections sorting order is defined by back price,_lowest to highest?

« Reply #34 on: 06 Mar 2013, 17:16 »
I think your post number 31 is correct. Matching selections are sorted by a specific order. The default is by back price. The sorting order is lowest first to highest last.

You can change the sorting order of matching selections by the condition:
selections sorting order is defined by.....<here you put a variable>

in post 31 your thinking is correct, but the order of the matching selections is by back price

selection 1 back price = 1.72
selection 2 back price = 1.89
etc. lowest first

i.e. they are not sorted chronologically by time when they went below 2.0 and were added to the remember list. Instead they are sorted by back price.

Using the above condition, you can change the sorting order of the matching selections, but you need to decide how.

• All members
« Reply #35 on: 06 Mar 2013, 19:06 »
Hi i have added conditions
and selections sorting order is defined by selection_1_back_price=<1.99
and selections sorting order is defined by selection_2_back_price=<2
and selections trigger expression match_index is equal to 2

« Reply #36 on: 06 Mar 2013, 19:23 »
not quite.
please see the manual under selection parameters no.51

the remember trigger remembers selections which go below 2.0
these remembered selections are not remembered chronologically (which is want you want)
instead they are remembered (sorted) in order of back price like this:
selection 1 back price = 1.72
selection 2 back price = 1.89 (which could have been the 1st to go below 2.0)

the condition: selections sorting order is defined by... allows you to change the sorting order for the qualifying selections. For example, by volume.

so now "last matching selection" will choose the one that went below 2.0 with the highest volume.

I'm afraid I do not know how to sort them chronologically, i.e.:
1st to go below 2.0
2nd to go below 2.0

• Élite
« Reply #37 on: 06 Mar 2013, 19:53 »
hi
i have used a variable in place of the remember trigger
am testing it now but it is long winded

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #38 on: 06 Mar 2013, 20:04 »
Thanks mcbee i think i have sent mark to the mad house lol

• Élite
« Reply #39 on: 06 Mar 2013, 20:07 »
hi
it gives us something else to do, but i think the problem is with the condition any other selections.
it is not doing what it should, so we are getting wrong selections.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #40 on: 06 Mar 2013, 20:15 »
Thanks mcbee i think i have sent mark to the mad house lol
always been there :)

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: 06 Mar 2013, 20:27 »
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #42 on: 06 Mar 2013, 20:41 »
Thanks Oxa i will test it tomorrow and mcbee your last trigger worked on the last race at 8.30pm so fingers crossed we are on the right track now :D

• All members
« Reply #43 on: 22 Mar 2013, 21:34 »
Hi could someone please have a look at the trigger. The trigger that mcbee made for me works a treat and i added another trigger for unequal green and now trigger fires on the 1st matching. Also Oxa`s trigger worked perfect as well

• Élite
« Reply #44 on: 22 Mar 2013, 22:02 »
hi
move the    set user variable   up to the first trigger position.

mcbee

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE