Author Topic: 2nd matching bet  (Read 18609 times)

Tags:
  • All members
2nd matching bet
« on: 24 Feb 2013, 21:27 »
Hi could someone have a look at this trigger and explain where i am wrong please.
1st point sometimes the trigger fires perfect  :)
2nd point sometimes the trigger doesnt fire at all when conditions are met  :'(
3rd point sometimes the trigger doesnt fire when conditions are met then it fires on 1st matching selection  ???
4th point when conditions are met before the race starts the trigger works every time for example fav 3/1 2nd fav is 5/1 i set trigger to fire at 4 all the other conditions stay the same. I have tried different odds ranges and have found that it fires more often in the higher odds range 3+ and when below 1.7 it very never fires
Hope someone can keep me out of the padded cell lol.
Regards Andrew

Re: 2nd matching bet
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb 2013, 23:32 »
Hi
I've changed it around a bit. Note the repetition of remember trigger at 1 second intervals. Untested - let me know how you get on.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2013, 23:35 »
hi
it would be better if you said what the trigger should be doing, then what is happening.
but ,if you want to back the next selection that goes below 2.00,then try using 1 trigger with the conditions
and selections back price is less than 2.00
and any other selections trigger expression minbp_3 is less than 2.00
and selections back matched is equal to 0
and selection back unmatched is equal to 0

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 25 Feb 2013, 19:35 »
Thanks for the help Mark and Mcbee i ran the two versions today so far im happy enough with marks version.I wasnt at home today so i just set up and left checked back just now and at a glance the trigger works grand. I also tried Mcbees version on another profile and it worked on some races but fired on the 1st matching a few times so its not quite there yet. Thanks again for your help
Andrew

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 28 Feb 2013, 21:47 »
Hi are there any other conditions i can use along with the current conditions that stop the trigger from firing on the 1st matching? The trigger has worked perfect for 30 races or so and then i noticed that it fired on 1st matching in a few races. Also what condition do i need to use when  for example if a horse is trading around 2.4 and drops to 2 that it stays at 2 for x amount of refreshes rather than 2.4 then 2 and bouncing back out to 2.4
Andrew

« Reply #5 on: 28 Feb 2013, 22:32 »
Hi
Because this trigger operates inplay, I think you will get a number of selections meeting the conditions in a very short space of time. Also as you point out, the same selection might meet the conditions twice or more. As the trigger stands, it checks the conditions every second, but I think this is not fast enough. You can try reducing the time of the Execute no more often value, thereby increasing the checking frequency. The overall rate of checking is dependent on your market refresh rate.

Another method for improving speed of "No more often than" is to change it for "Specific number of times" and set it to a high number e.g. 50000. The trigger will repeat at market refresh rate for the number of times specified.

Additionally, the two triggers; remember and back require at least 2 refreshes for both to complete, so effectively the time needed to react to all the conditions is doubled.

mcbee’s suggestion of redesigning it to a single trigger will definitely improve the performance of the trigger.

I would suggest trying something like:

First Matching Selection
Conditions:
Selection’s Back Price is equal or less than 2.00
and any other selections trigger expression minbp_3 is equal or less than 2.00 (mcbee)
and Trigger Expression matching_number is equal to 2
and Trigger Expression match_index is equal to 2

or

Last Matching Selection
Conditions:
Selection’s Back Price is equal or less than 2.00
and any other selections trigger expression minbp_3 is equal or less than 2.00 (mcbee)
and Trigger Expression matching_number is equal to 2
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 01 Mar 2013, 11:43 »
Thanks again Mark i will run triggers today. I hope support recognise the effort you, mcbee and a few other put in to helping people understand the software. I for 1 would have given up long ago but for your and others help

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 03 Mar 2013, 15:37 »
Hi i have had mixed results with both single triggers most of the time they fire together and a few times they have fired on a different horses 1st and 2nd matching and a few times they didnt fire at all when they should have. On checking trigger logs i got this is when the 1st matching happened in one race today

14:34:04   Remaining conditions in the block will not be checked.
14:34:03   Condition is: FALSE.
14:34:03   Checking condition and Selection's Trigger Expression matching_number is equal to 2.
14:34:03   Condition is: TRUE. valid for 1 selections: Looking On.
14:34:03   Checking condition and All Other Selections' Trigger Expression minbp_3 is equal or less than 2.
14:34:03   Condition is: TRUE. valid for 1 selections: Looking On.

The logs go on to record that another horse has met conditions but nothing happened. Should the condition  All Other Selections' Trigger Expression minbp_3 is equal or less than 2 not be false?

« Reply #8 on: 03 Mar 2013, 15:53 »
Hi
it should be:
and any other selections trigger expression minbp_3 is equal or less than 2

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 03 Mar 2013, 17:01 »
Thanks Mark i feel silly now as it was my own fault

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 04 Mar 2013, 15:56 »
Hi still having problems with trigger the condition minbp_3 still returns true and another concern is the 2nd matching returned false

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 04 Mar 2013, 16:00 »
sorry i never said that it was 1st matching that minbp_3 returned true

« Reply #12 on: 04 Mar 2013, 16:04 »
Hi
Post up the trigger file. It's easier to work with.

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 04 Mar 2013, 16:13 »
The 2 triggers are the same except for 1st matching and last matching

« Reply #14 on: 04 Mar 2013, 16:33 »
Try this one. If I get a chance I'll also do some testing.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE