Author Topic: A dutching trigger that has a max odds, and treats all odds above those odds as  (Read 2293 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi

Just new to this so wondering how to get my free trigger(s). I don't want to sound too demanding, so happy to work with whatever turnaround you guys have.

I am wanting a dutching (back) trigger that -

first. a max odds constant is set.

all selections under the max odds are dutched normally.

all selections over the max odds are treated as if they were max odds for stake/amount purposes. So if max is set to 10, and odds are 20, it is backed as if it was 10 odds (and would be at least double the green of the other selections).

also, please create both a to win and to lose version of this trigger. (think thats 2 trigger requests, happy for it to be combined into one trigger but both my requests are "used").

Thanks

Ryan

• All members
Also with this I would like a variable similar match_b_book to calculate the book for betting purposes.

Ie. I have a condition of match_b_book < 80,

however if a $20 chance is there, and I am betting it as a $10 chance it should be 5 more.
so a (new) match_b_book of 79 should really be a (new) match_b_book of 84

Thanks again

Ryan

• Administrator
Hello,

Sorry for the delay in my response.
Your triggers need a clarification.

1. If you back-Dutch certain selections at a price lower than their actual odds, you will not double the green on other selections. In fact it would have quite the opposite impact: the bet amount would be higher, and this would thus diminish the other selections' P/Ls. However, this would increase the P/L of the selections whose odds are > max_odds.

2. There could be no qualifying book% in the first place. The higher the odds, the lower is back book%. Which means if the odds are limited, the chances of winning (which are equal to 100/odds) may add up to a figure higher than 100%. In this case, the Dutching is impossible, as it would mean guaranteed loss.

Please read the above and edit your trigger description if necessary.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Hi Oxa

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I was expecting the green on the higher odds runner to be much higher.

I have modified back-dutch-lay-prices.mft amount to be set to
(am_to_lose/(match_b_book/100.0))/IF(back_price>better_price,better_price,back_price)
and
(am_to_win/((1-commission)*(1.0 - match_b_book/100.0)))/IF(back_price>better_price,better_price,back_price)

So I have better_price set to 10. So if back_price = 20, I would expect that green to be over 2x the runners under 10.

So... what am I looking for?

I am looking to use user variables instead of the match_b_book variable as for example if I have a 1.5 odds runner, and a 20 odds runner, I may be making a loss on the 1.5 as match_b_book as the book is 0.67+0.05=0.72, but I am betting it as if it is 0.67+0.1=0.77.

If I have 2 or more runners over my better_price variable (ie. 2 at 20 where better_price is 10) I am 0.10 out on my bet for the runner which is under better price.

Its been a while since I posted it and I've been playing with it and looking at other triggers, but still haven't found many triggers that use user variables for the single market.

What I was thinking would be -
1.Build a trigger that calculates the "new" match_b_book using the better price variable.
2.Condition similar to the "Selection 's Trigger Express match_b_book is equal to or less than mbo"
3.Place bets and substitute in the "new" match_b_book in the amount field for the bet amount.

Thanks

Ryan

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE