Author Topic: A list with semi-automatic strategy  (Read 4476 times)

Tags:
  • All members
A list with semi-automatic strategy
« on: 16 Apr 2013, 13:00 »
Hi all,

I know there is a highlighted topic with the information how to use a list, but I have a slightly different question and I've been told not to afraid to open new topics.

So, if I have a daily plan, like this:
    Kohlschreiber v Andujar
    Back Kohlschreiber at 1.55 then later lay at 1.33, stop-loss at 1.8
    Hanescu V. - Granollers-Pujol M.
    Lay Hanescu V. at 1.65 then later back at 2, stop-loss at 1.4
    Lindstedt/Nestor v Simon/Youzhny
    Lay Lindstedt/Nestor at 1.5 then later back at 1.9, stop-loss at 1.3
etc, etc.

How to do it?

I understood to create a text file with such lines:
"Kohlschreiber v Andujar - Match odds"
"Hanescu - Granollers-Pujol - Match odds"

but where to put the odds or back/lay/SL inputs? Or at here I should use excel? (I know also, I have to use the market's name exactly as on BetFair)

Thank you.

• All members
Re: A list with semi-automatic strategy
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2013, 14:24 »
One more thing: I watched it: http://marketfeeder.co.uk/screenshots/video-tipster/
So I know how to connect the text file and I need to make a trigger.

So maybe it is a solution to have different triggers with condition something like this: selection name contains Kohlschr etc, but it means I should make not even my text (or excel) every morning, which is fine, but meking as many separate triggers as many selections I have.

Is there a simpler solution for this?

Thank you :)

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2013, 16:34 »
Now I could do this basic trigger:

I am trading some tennis matches daily, but about half of the times I'm not in front of the computer, so I would like to setup my "daily semi-automatic trading plan" with MF.

So, I can make separate triggers for every tennis matches during the day and in order to do that I have to copy the block and change the above underlined things. It is clear to me.

But how can I do this a little bit more elegant and less chance to make mistakes, so if I have an excel for it (attached), how to setup triggers that
- check if the column "C" has "ltob" -->> then lay first and back later (green-up or distribute loss); if column "C" has "btol" -->> back first then lay later (green-up or distribute loss)
- and then use the inputs for greenup and distributing-the-loss the D, E and F columns?
- and - of course - do this once for every selections has the excel

Please, somebody can help to do this? Also, it can be uploaded among the example triggers also for the MF site, I think it would be useful for everybody... :)

Thank you

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 17 Apr 2013, 21:42 »
Hi
To get the value of a cell use the variable cell_daily!B3, with mfp connected to that sheet. That would return Andy Murray.
Only problem now is setting your trigger to use each row of cells. So that you can use just one trigger block for all matches.

Regards

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2013, 11:34 »
Thank you, Maddox, can you help me further?

Here's what I got now:
- I think I have to define two user variables which decides if it is a "back-to-lay" or "lay-to-back" action and two triggers which check the excel and set the two variables to zero or one depending the action.
- And then I have to make 4 triggers:
    - back
    - lay
    - green-up
    - dist. loss

Here is where I'm stucked right now:
- I don't know how to tell the MF which row I want to use at which market...
And how to implement at the "green-up" and "dist.loss" triggers the stop-loss columns (which is column "F").

Attached the trigger and the excel now. Can you help me further?

Thank you very much! :)

« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2013, 18:14 »
Hi
To import selection data from a sheet:

Selection names must be exactly as Betfair selection names
Selection names must be in left most column (can be any column but selections must be leftmost)
Excel settings tab > Import selection cells button
Follow instructions to set up
Click create custom cells

You will see in the attached workbook the data for Tsonga has been imported from the daily sheet into rows relating to Tsonga on the market sheet ( I did not format it etc.)

Now refer to manual section on Excel bound variables
In the example above:
the selection variable for lay price you specified is referred to as: cell_querymarket_id_O(sel_index*3+1)
the selection variable for btol or ltob you specified is referred to as: cell_querymarket_id_N(sel_index*3+2)
etc.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 18 Apr 2013, 18:46 »
Hi
Mark’s way is probably best, never used that option myself.
My idea was to create one custom cell in the excel options.
address: daily!A1
="market_parent"  (keep the =)

Then a formula in row 3 as my attached sheet shows. This way everything is in one neat row and you don’t need to create a new sheet for every market. you could also tweak the table inplay maybe.

Whatever works for you.
Regards

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE