Author Topic: Advice on agressive trade out  (Read 630 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Advice on agressive trade out
« on: 05 Jun 2022, 13:35 »
I have a tennis strategy that backs based on score, rather than price, but ends up backing high and trading out low, but taking some risk out at a certain point.

I was watching it trade a match just now, and it backed at 1.20, but when it attempted to lay off risk at 1.06, the price moved to 1.09 too fast.

This left an unmatched bet open at 1.06 for about 30 seconds, while the price was only 2 ticks above it, before the next point moved the price again.

Is there a way of telling MF that I want it to aggressively take the current price, and if it moves, then move with it (within a small tick range)? 

Re: Advice on agressive trade out
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jun 2022, 14:08 »
Hi
Betfair will match at best available price, so in your laying trigger if you lay x ticks higher than current lay price, you increase the chance of your lay being matched.
in the price field use r_ticks(lay_price, x)
where x is number of ticks higher than current lay price

If you want a really aggressive take best price available use "best" without quotes in the price field. Probably good to have some conditions for this so you are not taking a stupid lay price. e.g. gap between best back and best lay is acceptable.

the above is for using the LAY trigger action

You can also look at the trigger action: match unmatched lay bets     

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Re: Advice on agressive trade out
« Reply #2 on: 05 Jun 2022, 15:22 »
Thanks Mark 

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE