Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by bobh on 21 Mar 2023
  • This will probably turn into a trigger request, but while I am working out the details, could someone please help with this problem please.

I am backing three horses per race (all are imported).

I'm investing a maximum of $20 (say) per race.

First trigger - The lowest priced horse (match_1?) is backed to win $2 (say).
    Second trigger - The highest priced horse (match_3?) is backed to win $15 (say).
    Third trigger - The remaining horse (match_2?) is backed (at whatever price) with the balance of funds left from the $20.

So, if first bet is $8 and second bet is $5, the third bet (match_2?) will be $7.

What is the formula for the amount in that last trigger?

I have tried 20 - match_1_back_matched - match_3_back_matched and a few others, but no success.

20 - allbets_bm_amount works if all other races are settled, but it's not really satisfactory with protests or delays in settling.

If it's a simple solution I apologise, but I'd appreciate your assistance.

And if it needs a trigger request, I'm happy to submit.

Bobh
  • #2 by MarkV on 21 Mar 2023
  • Hi
    I don't think you are far off but I think you need to filter out selections with no back matched, and there should be just 2 selections with back matched. I've not tested this but give it a try:

set user variable: ra (remaining amount)
    value: 20 - match_1_back_matched - match_2_back_matched

conditions:
    selections back matched is greater than 0
    and selections trigger expression matching_number is equal to 2

then use ra as the amount in third trigger  

• #3 by bobh on 21 Mar 2023
  • Thanks Mark,

I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Only on Aussie races.

Bobh
  • #4 by bobh on 22 Mar 2023
  • Hi Mark,

Close, but no cigar!

For some reason, match_3_back_matched is not recognised in the ra formula.

I tried moving the triggers around, I tried putting brackets around the match_1 and match_3 variables, but it still ignored match_3_back_matched.

I tried varying the times the bets were placed, but no luck.

In summary, bets for match_1 and match_3 were placed, but the balance bet for match_2 was always too high (by the amount placed on match_3).

I'll keep playing around with it unless you have any better ideas.

Thanks for your trouble,

Bobh
  • #5 by MarkV on 22 Mar 2023
  • Hi
    lol
    but there is no "match_3" for the calculation to determine the remaining amount to bet after 2 bets are in the market.

the attached screenshot shows the trigger to calculate ra
    it fires as soon as there are 2 matched back bets in the market on 2 selections
    ra is then the amount you want to bet in your third trigger

hope this makes sense    
  • #6 by bobh on 22 Mar 2023
  • OMG.

:-[

That's why I apologise in advance!!

It's ALWAYS my stupidity.

Thanks Mark - I owe you a drink but you'll have to come to Brisbane to get it.

Bobh
  • #7 by Wez on 22 Mar 2023
  • Hi,

this query piqued my interest because I was curious to see what happens to r_1_sel_name, etc after importing selections.

After a play, I confirmed that if you import some selections (say 3 names for a race) AND the market is being refreshed, the 3 selections become r_1_xxx, r_2_xxx and r_3_xxx

So, assuming the sort order is by back price (the default sorting order I believe) you could do the maths for the third selection using r_1_bm_backa and r_2_bm_backa,  (20-r_1_bm_backa-r_2_bm_backa),

regards

Wez
  • #8 by bobh on 23 Mar 2023
  • Thanks Wez,

If MarkV's solution does not work (doubtful!) I will give yours a try.

I did not know that imported selections could be r_1, r_2, r_3 etc.

But one way or another, the problem will be solved.

Regards,

Bobh

Pages:
Actions