Author Topic: amount traded in the previous x minutes  (Read 3249 times)

Tags:
  • All members
amount traded in the previous x minutes
« on: 26 Feb 2018, 22:11 »
Hi all,

I've had a look through this forum and also the manual but can't find a variable to show the amount traded per selection in the last x minutes?

I sort of got something working by creating a trigger with two set variable actions, the second action recording the current selection volume and the first recording the current selection volume minus the previous action 2 variable. This set to run every 60 seconds returned the amount of money traded in the last minute but it wasn't rolling and I could only get it working for one selection rather than all selections.

I tried adapting this method with remember actions to try get it working for all selections but failed.

Is there an easier way to do this which I'm missing? It wouldn't have to be rolling, the trigger running every 60 seconds for example and having the same value for 60 seconds each time would be fine.

Thanks in advance.

• Administrator
Re: amount traded in the previous x minutes
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2018, 08:57 »
Hello!

Unfortunately no, there is currently no solution for the rolling selection volume.

We are willing to track this topic, so if anyone else needs this feature, please post here.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2018, 15:00 »
Thanks for the reply. 

I've been thinking about it again, and I'm sure I must be able to create a work around with a remember action running every minute and then minus the volume values from that from the current volume.

I'll do some more testing. 

Thanks.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 27 Feb 2018, 20:56 »
Feel this would be useful.  Cheltenham bets > £500 could be interesting.  Thinking about this one for a while.  Trigger exists to select runners that  increase/decrease in volume as a %. Present volume % x market volume - previous volume x market volume. Hmm.  Keep us posted

« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2018, 22:09 »
Hi
I'm sure a selection variable would be far more elegant, but I've knocked up something similar to what ronniem suggests.

I've done it for the first three selection indexes, just add as many as you need. The frequency of the rolling figures is adjusted by the repeating of the trigger block and the delay condition in the subtraction trigger.

In the screenshot I'm getting the volume increase per selection approx. every 5 secs.
Have a play and see what you think.

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 28 Feb 2018, 00:38 »
'Been away from MF for a while but have been keen to see the tracking of rolling volume for a long time so looks like I am back :). Would certainly be keen to see progression on this-Though looks like great work MarkV. How could one tack tracking of ticks/price (+ or -) over the same period on this?..I am a bit rusty :)Thanks in advance

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 28 Feb 2018, 15:13 »
This prospective feature somehow skipped my mind.

Would the syntax similar to the difference in price, e.g. voldif_{minutes}, be OK for your needs?

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 28 Feb 2018, 19:52 »
Thanks all.

Never thought about creating separate variables for each selection so thanks for that suggestion and example.

But yes if there was a user variable like voldif_{minutes} which was a rolling value of the amount of money traded per selection in the previous x minutes that would be perfect.

Thanks 

« Reply #8 on: 28 Feb 2018, 21:45 »
How could one tack tracking of ticks/price (+ or -) over the same period on this?..I am a bit rusty :)Thanks in advance

Hi
Yes the variables are available: tdif_{minutes} ltdif_{minutes} pdif_{minutes} lpdif_{minutes} see helpfile for details.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #9 on: 28 Feb 2018, 21:55 »
Would the syntax similar to the difference in price, e.g. voldif_{minutes}, be OK for your needs?
with thanks Oxa, follow the money :)

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 01 Mar 2018, 00:13 »
How could one tack tracking of ticks/price (+ or -) over the same period on this?..I am a bit rusty :)Thanks in advance
Hi Yes the variables are available: tdif_{minutes} ltdif_{minutes} pdif_{minutes} lpdif_{minutes} see helpfile for details.

Thanks MarkV I was thinking more like, would you use tdif/ltdif in the same block so that the timing is the same (if so how), or just have another block that measures the difference every 5 seconds?..that side of things I am (particularly) rusty on :) Hope that makes sense
voldif_{minutes} would simplify a lot as well of course
thanks again all

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 01 Mar 2018, 11:43 »
Have written this down for the next program update.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 01 Mar 2018, 20:18 »
Great thanks! 

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 03 Mar 2018, 11:16 »
"WD40'D" myself :)  Figured it out. 
Nice to be back.'Like the cancel after x time enhancement by the way( I have been gone a while trading manually-
Mark Douglas [among others] changed my life :) ) 

Hope you are all doing well and trading profitably.8)

• All members
« Reply #14 on: 05 Mar 2018, 12:30 »
Just checking-Is it still not possible to track last traded price in terms of ticks ? i.e. last traded price is now x ticks less than it was at time y- similar to tdif but for actual traded price? Lat traded price would seem to point much more strongly to a trend than BP or LP.Thanks in advance

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE