Author Topic: Another small bet problem  (Read 1293 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Another small bet problem
« on: 16 Aug 2022, 16:45 »
Up until yesterday I was running a rather large ruleset that still didn't cover all requirements ( some bets were being placed that I didn't want), so I decided to simplify the MF side of things by generating a file from elsewhere, and having two simple triggers (one back, one lay).
The issue I now have is that if multiple selections occur in the same race, and one of those is a high-priced lay so the stake would be too small to place, it now doesn't place the valid bets for that race either ("All bets will be discarded"), even though I have "Place small bets in one batch" unticked.

Is there a way to stop it doing this?

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
Re: Another small bet problem
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2022, 08:44 »
Hello,

Have you seen this topic?
Probably the problem is with compensation bets.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2022, 10:22 »
Hi Tim,

I'd turned compensation bets off previously as I'd had problems.

What I was asking was if there is a way to ignore bad bets (too small), but still place the 'good' bets, instead of cancelling all of them?

I have temporarily added a constant 'max lay price' to the trigger to help, but it's not ideal.

It might also be handy to have a minimum bet amount, too (for when the bet amount calculates to less than £0.01) - I don't mind wasting pennies here and there for backing a 100/1 shot when that's preferable to missing the win. ;)

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 17 Aug 2022, 10:41 »
I'm afraid placing a condition to your triggers is the only way to have a custom "small bets" limit.
If the limit set by BetFair for your currency is good for you just switch off "Allow small bets" option.
Or you can set the bet amount field to MAX(your_min_bet_amount, your_amount_calculated) to "round" it to your_min_bet_amount if it's less. Of course if this option is good for you.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 17 Aug 2022, 11:28 »
Ah, that's a useful one - thanks, Tim.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE