Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by tupp on 15 Mar 2015
  • If I have a text file  containing names (soccer teams) and a corresponding value for each team like this.

Team1 value1
    Team2 value2
    Team3 value3
    Team4 value4
    Team5 value5

Then if a game is between(arbitrary chosen) Team2 vs Team3

I want to do a calculation... value=f(value2,value3) for my decision.

Can anyone give me a clue?
  • #2 by MarkV on 15 Mar 2015
  • Hi
    Not quite sure I understand what you're intending but here is just an idea, untested:

assuming you import the text file, replicate the selection name as imported_1:
    sel_name   imported_1 imported_2
    Team1      Team1      value1
    Team2      Team2      value2
    Team3      Team3      value3

Match Odds market:
    IF(FIND("imported_1", "s_2_sel_name")>0, {your calculation}, imported_2)

Using your example above, this should find Team3 in s_2_sel_name (Away team) and return {your calculation}, else value2

• #3 by LarpHager on 15 Mar 2015
  • yeah What Mark said  ;) ;)
    • LarpHager
  • #4 by tupp on 16 Mar 2015
  • Thanks for helping me guys  :)

I tried with a file and imported it for auto-trading -worked! But the IF-condition which I was placing as "Price", just for testing - did not worked.

Mark can this be working? - if I just load (Market Locator) a certain soccer league, and I have a file with all the teams (whole league) as:  Team1, Team2, Team3,... and for every team I assign a value: value1, value2, value3, ...

Then If two teams have a meeting in that league (arbitrary - new matches almost every day) then I want to do calculation with the values corresponding to each of the team (the two teams who have a meeting).

Attached is an example file for Primera Division, using the syntax you suggested.
  • #5 by tupp on 16 Mar 2015
  • ...The IF-condition could be working - might be me who don't understand (yet :))
  • #6 by MarkV on 16 Mar 2015
  • ...The IF-condition could be working - might be me who don't understand (yet :))
    OK, let me know how you get on.
  • #7 by tupp on 16 Mar 2015
  • It looks like the IF-condition works, but I have to think a bit about it.

Mark! can you confirm the this could be done..

I just load (Market Locator) a certain soccer league, and I have a file with all the teams (whole league) as:  Team1, Team2, Team3,... and for every team I assign a value: value1, value2, value3, ...

Then If two teams have a meeting in that league (arbitrary - new matches almost every day) then I want to do calculation with the values corresponding to each of the team (the two teams who have a meeting).

Attached is an example file for Primera Division, using the syntax you suggested.

• #8 by tupp on 16 Mar 2015
  • I managed to read the home and away team values in to defined variables (HomeValue_market_id, AwayValue_market_id) by using the IF-condtion - looks like I am almost there.   ;D

Pages:
Actions