Author Topic: Applying triggers to multiple selections  (Read 2014 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Applying triggers to multiple selections
« on: 15 Apr 2013, 13:53 »
Hello all.  I wonder if anyone can help?

I want to apply a set of triggers to more than one selection in the same race/match.

The complication is that the triggers will include user variables which I want to set separately for each selection I want to bet on.  As far as I know, user variables are either global or market specific, and can't be set just for a specific selection.

Also, I intend to activate and deactivate blocks on a selection specific basis.

Is there any sensible way around duplicating the set of triggers for every additional selection I decide to bet on?

• Élite
Re: Applying triggers to multiple selections
« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2013, 14:21 »
hi
you would have to name your variables like
s1(your name)
so s1bp for example selection 1 back price
just prefix your variables with s1 for fav, s2 for 2nd fav and so on.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Re: Applying triggers to multiple selections
« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2013, 15:31 »
Thanks mcbee.
That would take care of the user variables issue, but not, at least as far as I can see, the deactivation of triggers.
E.g. if I want to deactivate a trigger within my block for selection 1 but not selection 2, then I think it follows that I need separate triggers for each selection.
The best I could come up with is to clone the block of triggers once I've finished it, and apply a pre-condition perhaps using sel_index and use user variables much as you suggested.
That seemed a bit cumbersome, but it may be it's going to be the best I can do.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE