Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by markoone11 on 17 Jul 2017
  • Hi

Without giving the details for the LittleAcorns system away, I am sure most, if not everyone knows that it is laying the favourite, with certain conditions.

I have been able to cater for MOST of the conditions in my trigger, BUT, I DO NOT want to use a staking plan through MFP. This is because MFP does not have the ability to be able to separate strategies, and so, if you have a staking plan in multiple strategies, the resulting calculation of NEXT stake is based on the result of previous races, which is why a separate strategy system is an essential requirement - sadly, MFP does not offer this.

My resolve to this is to do the calculations for each strategy myself, and just have triggers to do the selections.

My problem is that I want to be able to use the stakes for each strategy via a text file. This text file will be updated by me, and I want MFP to be able to read the stake from the text file, and place it on the selection I am using.

In terms of the LittleAcorns system, I want to be able to add a simple text file, with r_1_sel_name(tab)10 - which as we know, is a trigger expression, followed by a tab, followed by the stake to use.

It is this stake that I want to update manually.

This approach does not work in MFP, because if I use the import feature, then nothing is imported, so I cannot use imported_1 as the stake value.

I did manage to use Excel with success on this, but, as Oxa has pointed out, it is not efficient, and when using it, MFP did actually crash a number of times, and occasionally, when I had other instances of Excel running, it was not accessible.

So, can anybody help get the stake from a text file.

In terms of LittleAcorns, if anybody is thinking that I could just use a selections name and extract the stake this way, then what happens if this selection becomes a non-runner? Yes, I can list every selection in the race, and have the same stake attached to each and use imported_1 - but this is a very long way round this issue. Hopefully, there is a simpler way.

Thanks

Mark.
  • #2 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 25 Jul 2017
  • Hello!

I'm sorry, but there is currently no way to read from file and parse trigger variables.

I'm not sure what to advise in this case: obviously, I wouldn't recommend to run two staking plans in one account simultaneously.

Maybe someone else will be able to recommend something.
Pages:
Actions