Author Topic: asking for index, within market  (Read 1696 times)

Tags:
  • All members
asking for index, within market
« on: 11 Jul 2017, 15:13 »
Hi, I want to instruct my trigger to place a bet in a specific index.

For example, I have the following selections thi sevenig

11/07/1718.00FK Qarabagto beatFC Samtredia
11/07/1719.45Partizan Belgradeto beatBuducnost Podgorica

And so, I setup a routine via an app that query this data through outlook, and I produce a file. I want to be able to load in the Match Odds market (I can do this) and then I want to be able to place, in a file, the index that each match needs to be, so, as can be seen above, the home team is set to beat the away team, so, the index for both is index = 1, and I can just have a general setting to pick index = 1.

BUT, if I get something such as

11/07/1718.00FK Qarabagto drawFC Samtredia
11/07/1719.45Partizan Belgradeto be beaten byBuducnost Podgorica
We now have index = 3, and index = 2 for both of these.

Is there a way that I can use something like shown below
["TeamA v TeamB"] (tab) 3
["TeamC v TeamD"] (tab) 2

And how will I use this in my trigger?

Thanks

Mark.

Re: asking for index, within market
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2017, 22:11 »
Hi
because betting is done on selections rather than on market names, it would be better if you formatted your example:
["TeamA v TeamB"] (tab) 3
["TeamC v TeamD"] (tab) 2

to this:

"Team A" (tab) "Team B" (tab) 3
"Team C" (tab) "Team D" (tab) 2
"Team E" (tab) "Team F" (tab) 1

if this file is imported to MFP, the selection name is the home team, the away team's name is variable imported_1, and "index" is variable imported_2

so for example, if you wanted to bet in games with index 1, you would use he following condition:
and selections trigger expression imported_2 is equal to 1

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2017, 23:28 »
Hi mark,

Again, many thanks for your help.

This raises a number of questions, because I am not sure if I have understood the explanation...

1. Having to import the file, means that it is not possible to automate this, unless I can run a scheduler to import the file?

And so, given that Match Odds Market, have 3 indexes, if my match has to bet the draw, then I use index = 3, Home = 1, Away = 2

And say I have 5 selections, 1 = draw, 2 = away, 3 = home, 4 = away, 5 = draw

and so, I do....

"HOME1"(tab)"AWAY1"(tab)3
"HOME2"(tab)"AWAY2"(tab)2
"HOME3"(tab)"AWAY3"(tab)1
"HOME4"(tab)"AWAY4"(tab)2
"HOME5"(tab)"AWAY5"(tab)3

And, so, I am not sure how to reference each of the teams in my trigger with their respective index on which to bet?

The most likely thing is that I am missing something plain and simple, but I just cant work it out...

I would like to be able to say,
bet on index 3 where market name contains HOME1 v AWAY1
bet on index 2 where market name contains HOME2 v AWAY2
bet on index 1 where market name contains HOME3 v AWAY3
bet on index 2 where market name contains HOME4 v AWAY4
bet on index 3 where market name contains HOME5 v AWAY5

I need to use multiple matches, and so, referencing each match by betting index does not look possible via that way you suggested?

I want to reference the index = imported_2, rather than stating where imported_2 = 1

So, I want to say bet in this match where its index = imported_2..

I think from the explanation you have given, then each index, referenced by imported_2 above, would mean that I would have to create some macro to say use teams whose imported_2 = 1 for betting the home team, imported_2 = 2 for betting the away team, and imported_3 = 3 for betting the draw.

And probably due to my inexperience, this would require 3 separate triggers, a draw one, a home one and an away one... This seems a long way to go about it, and if I am correct, then, an easier way rather than using an import procedure, I can simply use a 3 trigger approach, such that each trigger will reference a home.txt file, and away.txt file, and a draw.txt file, such that each trigger is set with the market index = 1/2/3 respectively

so, Draw.txt, contains
"Football / Country Identifier / League Identifier / Fixtures Date / HOME1 v AWAY1 / Match Odds"
"Football / Country Identifier / League Identifier / Fixtures Date / HOME5 v AWAY5 / Match Odds"
And the trigger shows the condition as
Market's Name is in file ...d:\mydir\draw.txt
and Selection's Index is equal to 3

and Away.txt contains
"Football / Country Identifier / League Identifier / Fixtures Date / HOME1 v AWAY1 / Match Odds"
"Football / Country Identifier / League Identifier / Fixtures Date / HOME5 v AWAY5 / Match Odds"
Market's Name is in file ...d:\mydir\away.txt
and Selection's Index is equal to 2

and Home.txt contains
"Football / Country Identifier / League Identifier / Fixtures Date / HOME3 v AWAY3 / Match Odds"
Market's Name is in file ...d:\mydir\home.txt
and Selection's Index is equal to 1

Any which way above seems an awfully long way to go in order to get it to do what I need...

Surely I am completely wrong, and it is something I wanted to avoid, its like having a ferrari and pushing it manually, will still get you to your destination, but blooming hard work.

anyway, sorry for wittering on, if you can tell me how stupid I was to miss the simple way of doing this, and reveal the correct way, then please tell me.

Thanks

Mark.

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2017, 05:53 »
Hi
wasn't sure from your first post which selection you wanted to bet on

prepare your text file in this format:
[Team 1 v Team 2/Match Odds]Team 1
e.g.
[Bolivar v LDU/Match Odds]LDU
[Barnet v Swansea/Match Odds]The Draw

then load the markets
and import this file for auto-trading

the appropriate selection in each market will be active for triggers and auto-trading, other selections will be inactive (greyed)
then it's a simple backing trigger, all matching selections, once per market

MFP can automatically re-import the text file at up to once every 0.5 secs
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2017, 12:42 »
hi MarkV,

sincere apologies for not getting back to thank you! - but, thanks...

OK, the explanation is clear enough here, and I will look to use that.

BUT, I am slightly suspicious of the format used on the answer...

[Bolivar v LDU/Match Odds]LDU

should there not be a space between the '/' character?, and also, does the whole thing not need to be encased in ""

such as

["Bolivar v LDU / Match Odds"]LDU

I have occasionally tried to load in a market based on using the full market name, and it would not load it, and yet, when I enclose it in "", it will load?

I know things have to be in exactly the format it is shown in MFP - hence my question.

Thanks

Mark.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jul 2017, 13:09 »
Hi MarkV,

Apologies for questioning your advice,

I just tested it on the following, and they were added fine, AND are in the original format you wrote..

[FC Copenhagen v AaB]FC Copenhagen
[Malmo FF v Sirius]Malmo FF
[Dinamo Zagreb v Istra]Dinamo Zagreb
[Corinthians v Atletico PR]Corinthians

Thanks

Mark.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE