Author Topic: Attaching staking plan to laying drifters  (Read 5021 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Attaching staking plan to laying drifters
« on: 01 Dec 2014, 04:11 »
Hello guys,

I have worked out how to cut and paste triggers etc but am still struggling to get my triggers to work the way they should. What i am trying to do is use the 'laying drifters handicap in play' with the 'lay multi link double' staking plan....

The triggers are already provided by 'Welldone' would there be someone kind enough to join the two together for me.

• All members
Re: Attaching staking plan to laying drifters
« Reply #1 on: 01 Dec 2014, 18:44 »
Hi tell me the name of the two triggers than you want to put together and i will do it

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 01 Dec 2014, 23:58 »
Laying on SP drifters in handicap races with the Laying Multi-Link Doubles staking plan.

Thank-you vey much amigo. :)

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 04 Dec 2014, 01:49 »
I am still getting no where joining these two triggers. Can somebody from Welldone connect them for me Or point me in the direction where it is simply explained?

???

« Reply #4 on: 04 Dec 2014, 16:59 »
Hi,

Had a look for ya, but i cant seem to download the lay drifters hcap file, its keeps going to a text page or something.

If you attach both the triggers to this topic, i will try it again

larp

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 04 Dec 2014, 20:07 »
Hello larp and thank you for your effort

I have attached the two files. Both these files are un altered as per Welldones postings on the download page.

I however upon download alter the the 'Lay-drifters handicap' in that I eliminate H'cap races (so any horse race...not too sure why it's H'cap race specific in the first place) I also extend the 1st position and 1st match tick difference out a bit further.

It's a good system with a very high strike rate but it could do with some sort of recovery staking plan....hence me trying to attach one..

:)

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 04 Dec 2014, 20:09 »
Oops I posted twice the same files.

« Reply #7 on: 04 Dec 2014, 22:03 »
Hi,

Yeah, i tried this out, not as easy as i hoped. Cant quite match up the conditions criteria yet.

But, if you dont mind my opinion, this trigger is not right for this strategy. When you hit a loss, and esp. if you're doing it in non-handicaps, then the lay bet amounts will quickly outstrip reasonable proportions. I dont know the exact maths, but I amended the trigger attached and if you try it in test mode and 'encourage' 3 losses even at smaller odds, you will see what I mean e.g. greyhounds

larp

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 05 Dec 2014, 03:20 »
Thank-you larp,

Yes I know what you mean about the size of the recovery bets. I only look to make a couple of bucks odd a day so my initial bet size is quite low. The fact the strategy gives long wnning runs...(normally)....my BR should be able to absorb any hiccups....aside from 2 or three losses in a row.....which probably will eventuate but I have'nt seen one yet. I only invest what I am prepared to lose and it's a fun exercise to see how we can improve on these triggers.

I have'nt tried the strategy on greyhounds I think it probably suits horses better as the races generally take longer and we can adjust when the trigger fires from the off so we can hopefully get a bigger gap between when the bet fires between the front runner and our lay trigger selection. Also the adjustable tick variable gap on the lay selection the trigger chooses can give us a possible larger liabilty but generally that trigger selection horse is heading in the opposite direction to the front runner....so to speak.

I also am open to another suitable staking plan......the 'lay multi link doubles' looked good on paper...but possibly the 'lay accumulator plan' would suit better seeing as the winning sequences are pretty good for this strategy....

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 05 Dec 2014, 03:38 »
Hi larp,

I have changed a couple of the conditions on 'laying...' it's more like the original but with a slightly longer time delay and larger tick gap...Not sure if this effects the way your trigger construction works but I will give it a crack on test over night and see how it rolls.

I have attached it so you can see what I mean.

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 05 Dec 2014, 21:45 »
Hi larp,

Yea ran this last night. I think you are right the staking plan does not suit the strategy we really need the 'First Selection' that the Lay conditions choose to be our bet and not the favourite.

The actual Lay trigger Strategy does work quite well its coming up with a Staking plan that takes into consideration an 'unknown variable' because each race is different and dependant on Welldone settings/PC Lag/Bets matching in play etc can effect the calculation of Loss Recovery....

Probably better to implement a ratio of initial bet that increases by a factor of 10. e.g 1st initial Lay bet 0.10c IF lose then next bet $1. You could reset the cycle or continue depending on BR

« Reply #11 on: 05 Dec 2014, 22:25 »
Hi Phasers,

Check your messages.

larp

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 07 Dec 2014, 18:18 »
Hi Phasers, any updates on how this worked out for you?
Bots are lifesavers.

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 07 Dec 2014, 20:07 »
Hi rhodesv,

I have changed the staking plan to the 'Lay Accumulator' and will trial it for a while on test.  It is a bit 'scatter gun' on actual bet size due to when 'first selection' is triggered.

I have attached it for you to play with on test if you want.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE