Author Topic: AUS Market (Settling)  (Read 3133 times)

Tags:
  • All members
AUS Market (Settling)
« on: 15 Mar 2013, 07:13 »
Hi everyone,

I know there are problems with settling the markets in AUS using test mode and I know I can find the results and manually settle the market myself - but my question is does this very long delay happen when not in test mode i.e. in real mode?

I want to try my new trigger rules out which work very well in test mode but I won't include AUS markets if the bet isn't settled straight away (otherwise my triggesr won't activate).

Thanks,

Dave
Yeah! :p

• All members
Re: AUS Market (Settling)
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2013, 08:59 »
I found using Test Mode rarely gave a good test of reality. I use Test Mode to ensure my trigger works correctly, not whether it is successful.

It test it's success, I just balance the book.
If I have a Back system I bet the minimum amount [$5], or less it you are only testing for a short period [allowing small bets in setup]. I immediately lodge a counter Lay bet at the bm_backp. I would do this for 1 month or 2 months. Whatever period I needed to determine whether my method was a winner.

I have done the same for Lay bets, backing straight back at the bm_layp.
I rarely missed and in one month I might be -$10. Cheap data analysis I say.

Just my suggestion.
Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2013, 09:23 »
Hi londolozi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Does this mean AUS markets are settled straight away? (up to 30 mins after the end of the race?)

Also, my trigger bets a certain amount depending on the P/L of the last settled bet. So would your testing strategy work in my case and if not is there a way it could?

Thanks,

Dave

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2013, 09:47 »
Real AUS markets I find are settled very quickly, well before correct weight in most cases. Protests are the only issue that will hold them up. Where margins are definitive settlement is quick.

Yes, you can test your method as described. When you down load Bet History just sort by Bid Type and delete Lays or use Countif/Sumif Excel functions.

Improvise Adapt Overcome

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2013, 10:59 »
I don't understand how that would work? Say I placed a bet and lost £50, my trigger would bet next time to win back that £50.

So if testing I placed a back bet but then placed a lay bet (not to lose anything) then my P/L will always be £0. Therefore my next bet back bet won't calculate how much it needs to bet in order to get my loss back?

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 16 Mar 2013, 08:09 »
Your first email referring to the inaccuracy of Test Mode results in AUS. You have finished your last email worrying about testing a staking recovery method.

My suggestion was about getting accurate results from settled markets.
This is achieved by Back/Lay or Lay/Back depending what side of the market you system is. This results in a null or small loss, outcome for accurate results.

Don't complicate this method by adding a your recovery staking method. You are correct on initial observations it isn't possible.

You can test your staking/recovery method on paper.
Once you are satisfied your selections are good and your recovery staking method works (on paper) it's time to go live.

Improvise Adapt Overcome

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE