Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by ciupy on 29 Dec 2012
  • Hello again,

I know that we could read from different rows using variables like sel_index or so, but for the columns we only have the letters ... (cell_[name of sheet]_A1 for example) Is it possible that I can put in the formula a number instead that A ... something like cell_Sheet1_1:1 ??
    I need to read/write to specific columns depending on market_id and I do not want to rewrite the entire macro to put it verticaly so I could use the row variable ....

Thank you in advance
  • #2 by MarkV on 29 Dec 2012
  • Hi
    I think you can do this using custom cell syntax S[column]:[row]
    For example:
    S14:2 is the equivalent of N2
  • #3 by ciupy on 29 Dec 2012
  • If I need to use it as a condition :
    any sellection ... trigger expresion... cell_sheet1_S1:1 ... is equal to ..."stop" or 1 or "" or anything ...
    doesn't work
    looking at the logs , the final expresion is the same  "cell_sheet1_S1:1" and not the value of that cell
  • #4 by MarkV on 29 Dec 2012
  • Hi
    My knowledge of using Excel with MFP is very limited.
    The S[column]:[row] syntax is for applying the same formula to each selection, because the [row] is limited 1 to 3.
    To access it you need to convert it back to the column name.
    From the manual:
    to get the custom cell addressed as S14:3 write:
    cell_querymarket_id_N(sel_index*3+1)

Having now read this, I don't think this will do what you want. Sorry I could not help, but maybe an email to support?
  • #5 by ciupy on 04 Jan 2013
  • Had to rewrite de excel and macro :) now it works by assigning a variable to the row number as the column MUST be a letter.. It would be a good feature tu put in a letter OR a number in the column place !
Pages:
Actions