Author Topic: Average price traded in a certain period of time  (Read 2673 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi,

I would like to know if there are any functions that allows me to know the average price traded in a certain period of time for a specific selection.

Thanks,

:) :)

Re: Average price traded in a certain period of time
« Reply #1 on: 06 Sep 2014, 19:54 »
Hi
Have a look in the charting section of the manual for lt_trend (last traded trend). You could record lt_trend to a user variable to compare it over a time period.

edit:
lt_ma (last traded moving average) is another variable that might be useful to you.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Average price traded in a certain period of time
« Reply #2 on: 07 Sep 2014, 04:27 »
Hi,

I noticed in the lt_ma, but even if it gives an approximation of what i want. In reality it just gives the average of last traded odds not counting with amounts neither the number of times that a bet was placed at a certain odd.

In lt_ma it matters the odd of the last traded bet and when it was traded. The time when the bet was traded can have a deep impact in the value of lt_ma. It´s different to have been placed 1 minut or 1 hour ago even if it still is an identical bet at the same odds and amounts.

So if for example i´ve 2 traded bets:

1- Odd: 12,00        amount traded: 500           time periods: 1
2- Odd: 11,00        amount traded: 100           time periods: 9

total time periods:10
Bet 1 traded before the bet 2

In this case in the 10 period my lt_ma would be (12*1+11*9)/10=11,1 and would decrease till approximately 11 while time goes on.

In this example i would like to know a way to obtain this result:

(12*500+11*100)/600=11.83

Maintaining the same result till the next traded bet, as the time is not a variable.

i.e. i would like to use the amount instead of the time.

I guess the reasoning aplied to lt_ma can also be aplied to the lt_trend.

Is there anyway i can obtain that result (11.83)?

Thanks,

« Reply #3 on: 07 Sep 2014, 17:09 »
Hi
I don't think you can do this with the variables provided in the program. I was thinking if you can find a way to add the time the bet was made to the List of Bets Excel sheet, you will then have the data available to calculate the averages in Excel. Sorry could not help you more.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 07 Sep 2014, 18:32 »
Hi,

Unfortunatly i´ve never used the excel with the MF. So, even if i tried i wouldn´t know how to do it.

I will try to make an approximation using the lt_ma.

Thanks,

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE