Author Topic: [TR] Back and Lay from selection file of AU horses  (Read 2649 times)

• All members
I prepare a selection file with ratings from a machine learning program that analyses Australian gallops racing.

The text file has headings "runner", "rating", "action" where "runner" is in required format for Australia of "entry number" "full stop" "space" "horse name" all enclosed in double quotes.
(See attached example file.)

The "action" is either "back" or "lay" and the "rating" is a number that I would like to use to modify the betting amount in some way: in the case of "back" a higher number could mean to increase the back bet size, in the case of "lay" to offer to lose a larger amount. 

In effect the "rating" expresses how good or bad the horse is relative to the other runners in the race.

Initially I would like a vanilla trigger that makes back and lay bets at whatever is on offer in the win market at or past the advertised start time for the race.
(I have in place a Market Locator file that is working OK.)

I envisage starting with a test bank of 1000 with a back bet amount of 2% current bank multiplied by the "rating" figure up to a maximum bet size of some amount, say 40.

For lay bets I envisage to risk say 1% current bank times 1/rating with maximum at risk of 40.

Any advice, pitfalls, suggestions as to alternatives welcome!

• Administrator
Re: Back and Lay from selection file of AU horses
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2018, 13:03 »
Hello!

Please see your triggers attached.

To make them work, you will have to change your import file a little. Please see the example attached. Basically, you need to remove the first line and replace "back" with 1 and "lay" with 2. It's easy to do this using any text editor, such as Notepad.

Here is a video demonstrating how to import selections from a file:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zNhSl5ypn0

You will need to:

1. Load the triggers and turn triggering off.
2. Load the markets where you want to bet.
3. Import desired selections from the text file. Make sure that the correct number has been imported.
4. Turn triggering on.

Make sure you've tested the triggers in Test Mode.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Re: [TR] Back and Lay from selection file of AU horses
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2018, 01:43 »
hi Oxa,

Thank you for these elegant trigger solutions which look much better than my clunky efforts.

I will try them today.

My profile is set up to automatically run a Market Locator file when MFPro opens.
With reference to your recommended steps this means step 2 would occur before step 1.
Will this be a problem?

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2018, 13:54 »
Hi Oxa,
Ran the triggers in 37 races today, everything seems OK so I guess that answers my previous question unless I am missing something,

Thanks again for the trigger file and for making MFPro!

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2018, 09:11 »
Hello!

Glad everything is sorted. :)
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE