Author Topic: Back And Lay Trigger  (Read 1859 times)

Tags: Green-up
  • All members
Back And Lay Trigger
« on: 19 Jun 2019, 05:55 »
I have noticed when I setup 2 instances of a betting bot on a single tip I receive every day that every now and then or about 22% of the time the back price is
longer than the lay. Both instances are set to fire at the same time 60 seconds before the off.
So I thought if a trigger can be built to scan both back and lay markets and when it found a market that had the back price longer than the lay market it would back and lay while these prices are available thus securing a certain profit every time.
I do not know if this is possible or not but would be interested if such a trigger could be built and to run in complete auto mode?.

• Élite
Re: Back And Lay Trigger
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2019, 14:35 »
hi
I need to know what markets you want to scan and if you are going to use your tip that you receive every day.
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2019, 02:03 »
Hi
I was thinking of Australian horse races win markets in both standardbred and thoroughbred and if possible the UK and IE thoroughbred win markets.
Because if it works on a single tip each day it should work on all of the above horse race markets?.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2019, 12:24 »
Hi mcbee,
How is the progress going with my suggested back and lay trigger?.

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jun 2019, 12:34 »
hi
just to make sure that I fully understand the request , please give a few examples of prices and bets , thank you
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 26 Jun 2019, 13:45 »
On Wed 22/5/19 at Canterbury in Australia R3-number 3 back price 5.1 lay price 5.0
Next day 23/5/19 at Pakenham R5-3 back 4.4 lay 4.3
Thu 30/5/19 at Ballarat R5-4 Back 3.0 lay 2.9
Sat 1/6/19 Rosehill R9-14 back 2.5 lay 2.46
Fri 14/6/19 Geelong R6-2 back 9.0 lay 7.4
And these are from only one bet per day, just think how many there would be from all races per day.

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 26 Jun 2019, 14:02 »
hi
I have never seen that before , it could be because your using 2 instances , each instance will have a second or so time difference thus giving incorrect prices.

so the trigger needs to look for the back price higher than the lay price by at least 1 tick on any selection then place an equal bet amount on the back and lay , if this is ok then I will complete your trigger.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 27 Jun 2019, 01:46 »
Hi mcbee,

When ever I use a back and lay calculator this is what it does.
Example on the lay at 7.40 and back 9.00
lay price 7.4 lay stake 10.00 back price 9.00 back stake 8.22 
lay liability 64.00 total stake 72.22 net profit/loss +1.69 comm 5.00

I selected the lay stake of 10.00 but the calculator selected the back stake of 8.22.
So in this example the calculator is not using the same stake amount for both back and lay 
How it calculates the back stake I do not know?.

You might be correct with both lay and back stakes exactly the same amount with it still making a profit?.
I thought I would show you what the free online back and lay calculator does.
I suggest you trial the trigger to see if it works first before we move on further.
Will be very interesting to see if this trigger actually works.
Have attached a picture of the back and lay calculator on the back and prices in the example above.

• Élite
« Reply #8 on: 27 Jun 2019, 07:41 »
hi
here is your trigger , in the constants you can set.
Bet amount
Tick difference between the back greater than the lay price
Maximum lay price to bet

please use test mode until you are happy with your settings

mcbee

download the trigger below

IF YOU THINK THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THIS TRIGGER PLEASE POST IN THIS TOPIC .

If you need to have your triggers adjusted or add a new option / function to them after you have been supplied with a trigger file, please start a new topic.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE