Author Topic: Back at SP [TCKT15052013SP]  (Read 1938 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Back at SP [TCKT15052013SP]
« on: 15 May 2013, 14:23 »
Hi All
I want to lay and then back at SP to scalp a profit. So, lay £10 at 5 on a horse not in play and then back at SP to hopefully make a profit if I've guessed correctly that SP will be a tad higher.

I have tried (bm_laya*bm_lap)/actual_sp but that doesn't work. Say, SP turns out to be 5.5 then I would like my stake to be (10x5)/4.5, which is £9.09 for a small profit of 91p less commission. Obviously, idea is based on some statistical anaylsis of which horses return good SPs and the intention is to bet a good number of horses per day and increase stakes if strategy works.

Is it impossible to use actual_sp because my bet is part of the process by which the actual_sp is calculated by Batfair and so I'm putting the cart before the horse? Is there another way.

Regards
Ed.

• Élite
Re: Back at SP
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2013, 15:05 »
hi
if you are betting on one of the first 3 favourite's, the the closest that you will get for a calculation is
(bm_laya*(bm_layp-1))/((back_price-1+lay_price-1)/2)
this will give you a small profit if the selection were to lose or 0 loss if it won
or you could use
(bm_laya*(bm_layp-1))*1.15/((back_price-1+lay_price-1)/2)
for a small profit win or lose

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Re: Back at SP
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2013, 16:18 »
Thanks, McBee, incredibly helpful as usual. You should write a short ebook on MFPro tricks and tips. I'd buy it.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE